Going public... need friends

Options
I'm thinking about taking the plunge and going public with my food diary. But I don't have too many MFP friends and even less that would actively call me out on my bad entries.

I need friends that are willing to be hard on me. You're not going to hurt my feelings I promise. I can take criticism. I have a long way to go. I am basically starting over. I am at 244 lbs my goal is 167. (I am 5'8" for reference).

I promise to log everything no matter how bad!!

Replies

• Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you like. I am no expert, but I will help if I can :)
    My diary is open, but I eat a lot of the same things over and over.
  • judygorham
    Options
    just a quick welcome I hope I can be a encouragement to you when you need it I know I need support
  • judygorham
    Options
    you can add me as a friend if you like
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I'll be hard =) Read my profile.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I gotta tell you.. I just put my diary back to private..because I found myself not wanting to log everything.. thinking I might be judged .Don't get me wrong -- I know most people don't really care. I find it helpful to read others diaries ... still..for me -- it is like the scale..sometimes I will.... other times I won't. I think it is tied to my dedication..when I'm feeling like I'm just barely getting it done..the pressure of an open diary and the number on the scale wear on me.
  • jenadams1993
    Options
    You can add me if you like, I'm looking for friends who can do the same for me too :)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Would be happy to be added.
  • daniellelalford2011
    Options
    im new here n im lost my logs say im starving myself i new friends too so pls feel free to add me
  • Jimmytreatingtons
    Jimmytreatingtons Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I think it is best for you to show your log so you can ask questions and people can see what you are eating.

What isn't so obvious to you might be to someone else and that help might only be a few words away.

Don't be shy give it a try!

Most of the people on here are nice and willing to help.

Good luck and feel free to add me if you like.
  • morningbell
    morningbell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! My diary is open too. I think this helps when it comes to any stalls in weight loss. We can all help you achieve your goals by suggesting the right foods.
  • dlbinin
    dlbinin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • Susie3501
    Susie3501 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting. I'm 63, weigh 226 and want to get down to 150. I'm 5'5". This will be a test as to how bad I want to lose weight. Don't have anyone to account to. Husband is OTR truck driver so he's never home. Eat badly, not cooking for one, eat out a lot,
  • saraemily5
    saraemily5 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'll add you! My diary is public as well.
  • LoveMy3CutiesLBH
    Options
    I would love to be your friend =). Good luck with your goals!
  • summerjaz
    Options
    Anyone else have public diaries? Mine is - add me if yours is too! I like to see what people are eating / am willing to share some encouragement on your good days and point out sticking points or suggest alternatives and want people to do the same to me. If anyone is the type of person to look at what I ate and comment, "you gonna get rid of those Hershey kisses soon? You've been snacking on them for three days..." or "what the heck is in that "protein pancake" recipe of yours?" add me! If you won't get offended if I do the same, add me and let me know that! Thanks!
  • Arilysal
    Arilysal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    hi just added you, dont worry about being judge, we all have good days and bad days :)
  • printererror
    printererror Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You can add me! We have the same weight goals and height.

I'll be hard on you if you'll be hard on me (;
  • stesi123
    Options
    You can add me if you like. And I'll go public with you if I can figure out how lol. Still kinda new at this.
  • sbarmychick
    Options
    I will cheer you on all the way...but if you start slacking I will also hold you accountable! I am proud of you for taking this leap and also could use the friendship and support.
  • LJSchmitt
    LJSchmitt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    add me and then some of my friends. They are quite vocal! It really helps.