NSV: I finally did it. I ran my first double digit.

Options
I've been running just over a year now..and never thought in this amount of time, I'd actually RUN 10 miles..but I did! I did it as part of my 1/2 Marathon training set to take place September 22..so heres for more double digits to go! When this is over, I'll be training for my first 25K (15.5) and hopefully keep myself sane, by someday run a Marathon. :happy:

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    WOW! Impressive!!! You're my new hero, seriously.

I ran 7 last sunday, and 8 the week before that. But 10??! wow!
  • alycat06
    alycat06 Posts: 75
    Options
    CONGRATS! Good luck on the rest of your training! You'll rock it!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Wow!! Inspiring!! I am hoping to run myself some day. This gives me hope. Thanks for sharing. :)
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Best of luck in your future races!
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    Outstanding job! Keep up the great work. BTW... WalkingGirl? Might be time to change it to RunningGirl!!
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

I ran 10 miles this morning too, in preparation for my *second* ever Half-Marathon on Oct 6. Keep it up! Ain't it such a GREAT feeling! WOOOOOT! :happy:
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! :drinker:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!!! Seriously, that is awesome.
  • jlbram03
    jlbram03 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is WONDERFUL. Congratulations on meeting such an impressive milestone! As someone who just started running, I find it inspirational to see the kind of progress that others have made with running. Thanks for the motivation! :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You are definately ready for the half! :drinker:
  • Levi_Hansen
    Levi_Hansen Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've only ran three 5k's but I'm hoping to keep working towards where you are...so congratulations that must feel awesome!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Bump lol
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    That is terrific!! You're helping to get me motivated to run my first 10 tomorrow - 9 was last week... My first 1/2 is the 16th. WE CAN DO IT!!!
  • Dottiesweet
    Dottiesweet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is such a milestone! I am up to six miles and still striving for those double digits. Much success on your half-marathon. You are doing a fabulous job!
  • RaluKitty
    RaluKitty Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Impressive!! Keep it up and the marathon will be here in no time :)
  • girish_ph
    girish_ph Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wov!! Just a few questions -

You said "Ive been running for just a year now". What does that mean? You did not run before and started running about a year ago and now run 10 miles at a stretch?? That is trooooooly impressive.

HOW DID YOU DO IT? WHAT DID YOU DO?
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I started running August 1, 2011 following the C25K program, and after I hit the 2 mile run mark in week 5, I just took off..I was able to run 3 miles about 2 weeks later by week 7. After that, I just started running. I ran my first 5K in 28 minutes. Then after a while, I got slower..not sure what it was. Then I trained for a 10K on my own (6.2 miles) and finished that in 80 minutes..and after that point, I decided to start training for a half, I've been training since May to get further and further. My next target will be a Marathon training, with a 25K race coming up next Spring. (15.5 mi) :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!