Fitness NSV (running)!

Options
Txnurse97
Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
My previous longest run was 5 miles...today I ran 7! Working on my endurance is going well, now need to work on my speed!

Replies

• FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Good work! I'm just now getting back into running. I used to run 7 miles every day. Working my way back up to that. You are doing great!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Well done you are doing great.
  • sara3rose
    sara3rose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's excellent! I'm slowly trying to get back into running, as well. Do you roughly know how many calories you burn while running seven miles?
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    WOW that's amazing! Most I've ever done is 3 miles without stopping. Are you training for anything?
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    That is great! I wish that one day I will be able to run as far as you :smile:
  • Txnurse97
    Options
    That's excellent! I'm slowly trying to get back into running, as well. Do you roughly know how many calories you burn while running seven miles?

I wear a heart rate monitor and I burned 979 calories! I'm 191 pounds so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I think my heart rate never dropped below 150.
  • Txnurse97
    Options
    WOW that's amazing! Most I've ever done is 3 miles without stopping. Are you training for anything?

I've run some 5Ks this past spring and am going to start running again next month. Planning on working my way up to a 10K in February but other than that, I just felt good so I kept going!
  • sladamssr
    sladamssr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I'm slowly adding a minute or two of running to my daily treadmill walks. I plan on doing the Warrior Dash 5K next May so I'm slowly working towards that. I want to lose some more weight before I do some serious running simply because I don't see the need in putting that much stress on my knees and joints right now.

Seriously awesome NSV!! Great job and great inspiration for the rest of us.
  • katzba
    katzba Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to run 7 miles? Just curious because I can barely run for 30 minutes!
  • Txnurse97
    Options
    How long did it take you to run 7 miles? Just curious because I can barely run for 30 minutes!

Took me 88 minutes. I'm sloooow. :)
  • Txnurse97
    Options
    Great job!! I'm slowly adding a minute or two of running to my daily treadmill walks. I plan on doing the Warrior Dash 5K next May so I'm slowly working towards that. I want to lose some more weight before I do some serious running simply because I don't see the need in putting that much stress on my knees and joints right now.

Seriously awesome NSV!! Great job and great inspiration for the rest of us.

I did the Warrior Dash this past April...it was a blast!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!