almost at goal weight...nowhere near toned

Options
Hey mfp world,

I am in my last ten pounds to lose which will bring me up to 35 pounds lost.
however by this point i was hoping to see alot less wobble! my bum is toning a bit but my thighs and stomach (my main problem areas are not pretty)
i want to be able to sit down and not have that role of fat above my waist band. but i don't want to become a stick!
I am currently doing the 30ds by jillian and am on level 2 so that that gives you an idea of my fitness level. Not going to lie though it kills me everyday.

Any advice on programmes or exercises would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Join a gym and start lifting weights. As far as I can tell its the only way to really change your body shape and get firm. Loosing weight alone will not give you a 'perfect' body. It's so easy to regain the weight when you loose with only diet and cardio (IMO) I'm following new rules of lifting for women like a lot of others on here. I'm not new to weights though, have used them on and off for a few years. If you search the forums there's many many threads on weight lifting for women. Good luck x
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    lift..but not little..to reshape you really need to get out of your comfort zone of little hand helds..and go for the big ones..Yes..I'm talking the man area...barbell training... :wink:

throwing around the same 8 pound weight will not get you the results you are wanting...
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You need to start lifting weights....heavy ones. That doesn't mean you need to bench press 200lbs (right away, or maybe ever), but you need to do more than 5lbs bicep curls. Heavy weights will get you the results you want.
  • emmadrama
    emmadrama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys,

Shall have to save up for a membership!

Weights here I come.
  • sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You most def have to lift! I have lost 67 lbs before I joined here and I am having the same issues- last 10 are a BEAST but the toning is where the real issues lie....I have noticed a very significant look in my legs since working out with the boyfriend. He increased my weight and motivated me at the same time...you can do it!
  • jbrann911
    Options
    Buy Lipton Ice the big jugs with handles after enjoying refreshments fill with sand fill equally may need scale to double check. Lift these to start until can make it in to a gym. I have a gym that is $10 a month most areas do or you might be able to access that at your local HS after all that what tax $$$ are for.