Vitamin Suppliments

Options
Morning all!

Just wondering if any of you guys and girls take any vitamin supps?

I do try my very best to get vits etc out of food. I get my 5 a day fruit and veg most days. But I also take 3 pills a day and one drink.

1) Vitamin C effervecent drink for xtra Vit C

2) Zinc Tablet for immune system

3) Glucosamine Sulphate for joints and cartlidge (thought it might help with strain jiu jitsu can put on joints)

4) Cod liver oil 1000mg cap for bones and and muscles

Interested on people views...

Replies

• Huiminlovesfood
    Options
    I take a power multivitamin pill everyday.
  • koelkast
    Options
    Personally my primary supplement are Vitamin tablets, and secundary is a Whey shake.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Men's Multi, vitamin C (plenty, I drink alcohol therefore I need more), omega 3 (3 times daily), Magnesium (before bed to assist sleep).

I'll be getting some Cod Liver Oil for the vitamins A and D next.
  • Velohobo
    Options
    I take a 'one a day' and a couple of fish oil supplements...should I be logging these in?

My wife and I just started Myfitnesspal this week and are getting adicted to it. Great app! Jack
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Half of a multivitamin (I figure I don't need 100% of anything except maybe B-12, and that's also fortified in some foods) and a vegetarian DHA/EPA supplement.
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I take several as most food even healthy do not have the amount of nutrients we need.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin, glucosamine, vitamin D, occasionally a B supplement
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I take rainbow light organic women's multivitamin. I eat and juice a lot of fruit and veggies, so I get a lot of nutrients from those. I also use nutritonal yeast, ground flaxseed meal, coconut water, and coconut oil. For shakes/smoothies I use garden of life raw organic protein powder and living harvest organic vanilla spice hemp protein powder. The combo seems to be working for me.
  • kayfrog
    kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Lots,

Multi
    A&D
    E
    B12
    L-carnitine
    Acidophilus Pearls

I want to get a good fish oil too.
  • pickletkd
    pickletkd Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I take a multi-vit, vit d, calcium, fish oil, garlic and glucosamine.
  • nat1965
    nat1965 Posts: 2
    Options
    I take a multi, Vitamin D and calcium with magnesium.

My new multi has green tea extract which is supposed to help with weight loss. I started taking it a little over a week ago. I take 2 a day with food...seems like it helped me get past a 6 week long plateau.

Only problem is it seems to nauseate me...yesterday I was actually sick so I'm skipping today.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good multi to take?
  • roduk
    roduk Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yep always take my vitamins, currently take:
    Animal pak
    Fish oil 1000 mg EPA