Hello everyone. New to this program

Options
Hello everyone. My name is Nicki and I am joining myfitness pal today. I was doing Weight Watchers and lost 36 pounds already but have had some financial problems hit me and had to stop going. I do not want to back track and read about this program in Woman's World magazine. I am ready to keep pushing forward. I am a single mother of 3 girls. I work 2 jobs and go to school. My time is extremely limited but because of some health scares earlier in the year I decided that I needed to make my health a priority now. I exercise at least 5 days a week sometimes six and already feel a differnce in my overall health. I hope to make friends here and welcome anyone who wants to befriend me. I wish you all the most success with your weight loss

Replies

• KLPlatinum
    Options
    Welcome! I have only been here a couple weeks and already love it. I was also on Weight Watchers for awhile and I did lose a few pounds. I didn't have time for the meeting anymore and online was ok, but I didn't have the support that I had at meeting. I have found that MFP is wonderful, still tracking (just calories instead of points) and I also have the support I like. I hope you enjoy it also. I will send a add for friends...I can always use more people for motivation.
  • Pawsfurthought
    Pawsfurthought Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Nicki!! Congratulations on your 36-pound accomplishment!! Great job! :flowerforyou:

Your story sounds much like mine. I work 2 jobs, go to grad school full time, and have a family, too. It can be fun, but it sure keeps me busy!

I joined this program because I want to make changes for my health that I can maintain - you know, smaller portions, healthier choices, more exercise. Not just lettuce leaves and celery, and 3-hour workouts! >as if!!< :laugh:

Add me to your friends if you'd like - I'd be happy to travel the weight loss road with ya!

Great luck to you!!!

Nicole
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile:
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello Nicki,
    Welcome. I always need more friends and I hope I can count you among them.
    Good luck and God bless,
    Doni
  • msturtles35
    Options
    hello i have recently signed up on here too , i too went to weight watchers but with work and money i had to leave i have gained some of it back , i got lazy this summer and ate very unhealthy so i now am trying to change . hope all goes well , take care , amy
  • judygorham
    Options
    :laugh: welcome I ha:laugh: ve returned to my pal today went out gained 50 lbs. Joined weight loss clinic lost 30 and now I need the support you can get from my pal. I am taking it with a new approach, not so hard on myself. I also have had rough times emotionally,financialy and physically. Things are getting better:laugh: :laugh:
  • lpaige23
    lpaige23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started a week ago and I absolutely love it! It's easy and I think the support is the best part. I'll totally be your friend! And congrats on your weightloss so far! That takes alot of work! Good luck to you!
  • msteresao
    msteresao Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome