Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hello everyone. New to this program

Hello everyone. My name is Nicki and I am joining myfitness pal today. I was doing Weight Watchers and lost 36 pounds already but have had some financial problems hit me and had to stop going. I do not want to back track and read about this program in Woman's World magazine. I am ready to keep pushing forward. I am a single mother of 3 girls. I work 2 jobs and go to school. My time is extremely limited but because of some health scares earlier in the year I decided that I needed to make my health a priority now. I exercise at least 5 days a week sometimes six and already feel a differnce in my overall health. I hope to make friends here and welcome anyone who wants to befriend me. I wish you all the most success with your weight loss

Replies

• Welcome! I have only been here a couple weeks and already love it. I was also on Weight Watchers for awhile and I did lose a few pounds. I didn't have time for the meeting anymore and online was ok, but I didn't have the support that I had at meeting. I have found that MFP is wonderful, still tracking (just calories instead of points) and I also have the support I like. I hope you enjoy it also. I will send a add for friends...I can always use more people for motivation.
  • Pawsfurthought
    Pawsfurthought Posts: 13 Member
    Welcome, Nicki!! Congratulations on your 36-pound accomplishment!! Great job! :flowerforyou:

Your story sounds much like mine. I work 2 jobs, go to grad school full time, and have a family, too. It can be fun, but it sure keeps me busy!

I joined this program because I want to make changes for my health that I can maintain - you know, smaller portions, healthier choices, more exercise. Not just lettuce leaves and celery, and 3-hour workouts! >as if!!< :laugh:

Add me to your friends if you'd like - I'd be happy to travel the weight loss road with ya!

Great luck to you!!!

Nicole
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 806 Member
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile:
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Hello Nicki,
    Welcome. I always need more friends and I hope I can count you among them.
    Good luck and God bless,
    Doni
  • hello i have recently signed up on here too , i too went to weight watchers but with work and money i had to leave i have gained some of it back , i got lazy this summer and ate very unhealthy so i now am trying to change . hope all goes well , take care , amy
  • :laugh: welcome I ha:laugh: ve returned to my pal today went out gained 50 lbs. Joined weight loss clinic lost 30 and now I need the support you can get from my pal. I am taking it with a new approach, not so hard on myself. I also have had rough times emotionally,financialy and physically. Things are getting better:laugh: :laugh:
  • lpaige23
    lpaige23 Posts: 4 Member
    Welcome! I just started a week ago and I absolutely love it! It's easy and I think the support is the best part. I'll totally be your friend! And congrats on your weightloss so far! That takes alot of work! Good luck to you!
  • msteresao
    msteresao Posts: 114 Member
    Hi and welcome