2nd day on this site

Options
Hi I'm a 28 year old mom of a 2 year old. I am over 300 lbs. and so ashamed of the weight I've put on in the past 5 years. I have the best hubby and son ever :) they are my world. But, I grew up with cheap, fast, crap all my life. I need support on what foods are good for protein, or low carbs, etc.

I look forward to using this tool for support from anyone I can find! I need those who can lift me up when I'm down, and help me stay motivated. After 2 days I've lost 3 pounds (water weight I'm sure).......but it's a start!

Anyone who'd like to be friends is fine with me!

Replies

• Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    Sweety you are young, so get started on this journey now, so that when you are my age it isn't such a struggle. I will help motivate you along the way.
  • msteresao
    msteresao Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi, Been on the site for only a month Good luck
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    With the right attitude and perseverance you will be a success in no time! Welcome aboard! You should try to find some groups of young moms. I'm sure that would provide some great support for the busy-mom-of-a-young-child lifestyle!

:flowerforyou:
  • MissMiley
    Options
    You know what I say about water weight?? It all has to go....so who cares! As long as your loosing!! Good luck with your weight loss journey!! You can do this!! One day at a time....that's the key to success!
  • hunlun1
    hunlun1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I am a mother, grandmother, and grandmother to 4 cats, lol. I know its hard, but go on the internet and look at different menus for the calories that you are going to use. Alot of baked chicken is my route. Then lots of good veggies, you can saute in olive oil, its good for you. Lots of different choices, you can treat yourself with a small treat every once in a while. Be sure and use all kinds of spices with your cooking, I was really bad to go out to eat. There are so many calories in the cafes. Good luck, I am older but would like to be your friend.
    :smile:
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am quite a bit older than you but am starting out in basically the same spot. I also got above 300 and decided things have to change. I fought for 8 months and lost only 20 pounds. Then I found this site and am finding lots of encouragement and support. It is great! If you want a 47 yr old whose kids are in college as a friend, feel free. Get several friends and check out the groups. You should be able to find people you fit in with - extra support :bigsmile:
  • ChristineEaton7210
    ChristineEaton7210 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    One day at a time my dear! Each day is a new day.....the past is the past ~ start making positive changes now & the rewards of that hard work will be endless!
    I've been logging n 33 days straight ~ haven't missed a day yet, have had some ups & downs, but when you're making a lifestyle change ~ it won't happen over night! Good luck in your journey - I'd be happy to be your friend and help to support!

Feel free to add me

Christine
  • tco45
    tco45 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi
    this is actually my first post and i have only been using MFP on my phone for just over 2 weeks.
    I too am in a similar situation as you although I am a mum of 2 and almost 10 years older.
    I'm doing this alongside my brother but feel I also need the support of others.
    Add me if you like
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    hey chica... so glad you joined the nut house... I mean my friend list :laugh:

and the first thing I want to say is this... if I can do this thing... than you DEFINITELY can... I have ZERO (yes... that was not a typo) self control... I am HORRID at controlling myself... and I have less than zero ability to focus on anything for any period of time <ohhh shiny!:laugh: >

I know exactly where you are coming from... I have done a couple recent blog posts... one on how to set goals... and one on how to track your goals... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/justjenn1977 check them out and let me know if you want help :)

my complete story is on there in black and white (well... black and light blue and purple and sea green... but I digress) and one of my goals is to write something meaningful and helpful and spiritually uplifting and possibly funny (well I usually think they are funny) every day... and I give out free puppies (just kidding about the puppies)

I am on the couch with a broken foot... I go back to the doc NEXT week and she is supposed to take me off restrictions... but I am still in so much pain that I doubt it! I have a MRI/MRA scheduled tomorrow and hopefully we will figure out the issues :angry: