Fitbit???

Options
Are they any good?? I want one, are they worth the money?

Replies

• microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I love mine :) It is easy to put on and go. I feel it gives me a good read on how many calories I burn so I don't go over on calories. However it will not tell you how many calories you burn if you were to ride your bike. You would have to log it and hope its right. So if you want something more accurate than that you would want an HRM. I like to walk so its perfect for me.
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    great device and the integration to MFP is great. Only problem is I've now lost 2 of them. But I'll be buying a 3rd this weekend.
  • Shays0518
    Shays0518 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I bought one from eBay about a week ago. Kinda fun and interesting. I'm amazed at how much I walk during a normal day!
  • bpunky
    bpunky Posts: 2
    Options
    I just got mine two days ago, and I already love it! Just to see the sleep tracking alone, I think it would be worth the money. Also, I really like seeing how active I actually am on a daily basis, not just when I'm exercising, but at work and stuff too. A cool bonus is that it integrates with so many apps online and on my phone. I feel like having the fitbit makes me more inclined to be active because I always want to improve my data!
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Love mine. Live by it. however, they do not track your heart rate and you can't wear it in water so you wont be able to get an exact reading during water sports or weight lifting (your heart rate might be higher than it thinks since it is just tracking motion.) If you are just looking for something to give you an idea of how much you move during the day- it is perfect. I have my MFP set to sedentary and sync my Fitbit so I know if I have burned more calories than expected and then get to eat more. Also great for tracking your exercise. A lot of the exercises on MFP listed a higher burn than when I tracked them with my FitBit.
  • lpkitty
    lpkitty Posts: 45
    Options
    I love mine, it's fun to track your progress throughout the day, I especially like challenging myself to do more flights of stairs. And I like how the website organizes all your data. I also like how it encourages you by "talking".
  • sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love mine however havnt been able to use it the past 2 days as its gone dodgy by over estimating calorie burn!.. Mine went up today by 500 calories in like 2 minutes!!.. It would appear that alot of people are having this problem so hopefully it'll be resolved soon but it is a good device to see what your burn is on lazy days & more active days
  • DavidCHobby
    Options
    They are fantastic. But they over-credit you for calories burnt. For that reason I have dropped down to eating half of my exercise calories. But the FitBit is otherwise awesome.
  • kiddstwinmom
    Options
    Love, Love, Love mine!!!
  • lindab405
    lindab405 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So glad you asked about this! I just ordered one and it should be here in a few days. The slightly OCD part of me thinks that I'll love it. But it's always good to hear feedback from other people who are using and liking a device.
  • LeslieFulp
    LeslieFulp Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Will have to get back to you as I am just setting mine up now. Hubby purchased one and the scale for me for my birthday. I plan on starting to wear it tomorrow after it charges so we will see how I like it. So far the set up for both the fitbit and the scale have been very easy. I also like the mobile application and everything has been syncing together fine.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Is it metal? I wouldn't want to wear one to work when we have metal detectors. I'd hate to set the thing off every break. >.<
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Just got mine today...ran all the way to best buy so I could get it :) I had some trouble getting it set up. I think it was trying to add a step I may have not needed since I already had an account set up? There was supposed to be some screen asking me for the number on the fitbit..well that screen never came up but I'm synced up and all appears to be good with it. I'll do my first real "walk" with it in the am.
  • halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would post about the great customer service at fitbit, I purchased mine in april and it started begin flaky a few weeks ago. I emailed tech support and received a new one today.
    Mike
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    I am all synced up with mine and fitnesspal. How will I get it to carry over my walk tomorrow? I'm not sure how all of that works.?
  • LeslieFulp
    LeslieFulp Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for a week now and i am loving it. it is very easy to use and it is interesting to see how many steps actually take in a day. Many more than I thought I did.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    As for customer support. . . I admitted to fitbit that my dog ate mine and they just asked for a picture and my receipt and they are sending me a new one. Awesome.
  • dpure
    dpure Posts: 18
    Options
    is the fitbit pretty accurate for calculating your daily tdee? also do most of you combine it with a hrm?
  • samhigh
    samhigh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    **HELPFUL** - If you call fitbit customer care, they will send you a free second syncing/charging base station.

Fitbit Cons:
    Overestimates calories burned
    Hard to read LCD in sunlight
    Not waterproof
    No Wifi
    Inaccurate counting stairs

I feel like the personal trackers are still in their infancy. I look forward to when a tracker will measure your caloric exp., heat rate, body temp, etc. and constantly beam it over wifi for real time tracking.

The Nike wristband is supposedly pretty cool too.

If you are really into tracking calories it is $100 well spent.
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    I love my fitbit. LOVE IT! And I'm not sure how the ones that get all off on the stairs do that..but mine is right on the mark with my flights of stairs.
    I let it do it's thing and stopped logging my morning walk as "an activity" that was just messing me up and I was afraid of over calculation so I just leave it go all day and let it tally up at will. It must be doing something right..I've lost 4 of the 14 lbs I've lost since I've had it