OK Help....................

Options
I amnot an Alocholic or anything, BUT, I am craving a beer so bad I could scream!!!! I am used to my one or 2 a day. Since starting MFP I have not had so much as one!!! Well it is driving me nuts!!!

I am doing well with my calories and carbs, etc............Staying right on track. Every now and then I go over my fat by 1 or 2. Nothing serious.

The reason I do not one beer is it will lead to 2 and since it is the weekend maybe 3 or 4. Follow me?

Sigh....................................................

Another thing I have given up is Pepsi (In Michigan we call it pop). I have not had one in weeks. I WANT ONE OF THOSE RIGHT NOW TOO!!!!!!

I know, I sound like a baby......This has been a rough road for me. I have never stuck to a plan like I have this one.

Thanks for listening to me whine. I still want a beer though. LOL

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    For sure some people have to just cut it out entirely. I know it's hard... my husband has cut beer out entirely because he has to have, like, 6 to notice it lol

I don't advocate cutting entire food groups but definitely alcohol can trip many people up. Hang in there! It will get easier.
  • ameliasnelling
    Options
    I have cravings too that I have a hard time ignoring. I don't try to deprive myself, however, I just add it into my caloric intake every day. For example, if I want a beer or wine, I just figure I'll have to do like 10 extra minutes of exercise then I reward myself with a cold one. Granted, I only allow myself 2 a week or so.... just so it doesn't get out of control. The more you deprive yourself, the more you'll want it and the more you'll be likely to fall off the wagon.

Best of luck!
  • sophia0415
    Options
    I agree with the other members you can not deprive yourself! Try to figure it into your daily numbers and limit yourself. My weekness is Diet Coke so as a treat once a week I allow myself one plus they have no calories :) Good luck hang in there....BTW I am in MI also :)
  • mts3779
    mts3779 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You now what Pop is too@!!!!!!!!!
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I gave up pop June 8th, I have not touched it since then.
    The first week I wanted one almost every day, but now I don't. So hang in there, if I can do it so can you :)
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if this is really obvious and stupid to say, but just in case....

Have you thought about just having one, but having another drink alongside it? If you're not into water, maybe a diet drink? That way you can drink a couple of mouthfuls of beer every so often, interspersed with the good drink, so it makes the beer last much longer?

Just a thought :)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I have cravings too that I have a hard time ignoring. I don't try to deprive myself, however, I just add it into my caloric intake every day. For example, if I want a beer or wine, I just figure I'll have to do like 10 extra minutes of exercise then I reward myself with a cold one. Granted, I only allow myself 2 a week or so.... just so it doesn't get out of control. The more you deprive yourself, the more you'll want it and the more you'll be likely to fall off the wagon.

Best of luck!

10 minutes? If I want a glass of wine, that's 20 minutes on the treadmill at an incline at 3.5 mph. sigh.
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    First of all, you don't sound like a baby. We all have things we really enjoy and miss from time to time. Second, are you sure you have to cut it out completely? Could you have one beer or one Diet Pepsi so that your craving for them will not be so strong if you have one just once in a while? Just a thought. Good luck.
    Take care,
    Doni :flowerforyou: