That's IT I QUIT!!

missheidi
missheidi Posts: 465 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
weighing myself that is. Although i think the wii fit wants to weigh me before it will let me play. i've worked out really really hard for two weeks and logged everything. i weighed this morning, not down even a pound. body fat was the same as well. so, i'm just done with the numbers. I had to increase my weight on a coupleof my reps tonight although my run was not really a run, i did a little too much on my cardio intervals during strength training and i'm getting over a cold, so i ran out of gas really quick. but i did as much as i possibly could. just thought i'd put it out there.

p.s. with all due respect to the people who made NY resolutions to start going to the y, mostly you know you won't keep it up, I know you wont keep it up with a very few exceptions. So figure it out already and leave the machines and weights for those of us who are really there to worlk. I'm very frustrated and it's tempting to not come back until march. just venting there. :devil:

Replies

• Many feel that way about the busy gym in the new year, but everyone has to start somewhere, and like all things that are hard, sometimes you need to try try and try again until you get it right.
  • Uh... hang in there! You can do it!

/supportive
  • I totally know how you feel about the scale...I try to weigh myself only once a week, and it's the scariest time of the week. Last week I was down only 1 pound, and now I'm right back at where I was. It's so frustrating!!!!
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    p.s. with all due respect to the people who made NY resolutions to start going to the y, mostly you know you won't keep it up, I know you wont keep it up with a very few exceptions. So figure it out already and leave the machines and weights for those of us who are really there to worlk. I'm very frustrated and it's tempting to not come back until march. just venting there.

Maybe your rude attitude towards others is keeping the weight on, you dont sound like somebody who would be a very good support to anyone. People like you are maybe why others don't keep their resolutions, you scare them away from the gyms thinking you own the place and so they give up.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,447 Member
    I have to agree with perhaps a negative attitude. This is personally my second attempt at this, and damnit you have to want it. This is also my second attempt at quitting smoking.. and well for both the proof is in the tickers.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    She's venting people. No need to treat her like she's always like that. It's called venting and we all get to do it once in a while and should not be judged for it. She even said she was venting. It's not like she personally attacked you! Have some compassion - maybe when you need some compassion, someone will have some for you!
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    I think you should give her a safe place to vent. This should be that place. Don't write anything you wouldn't say to someones face.

And if you do talk to people that way, then you should take a second look at yourself.

I hate weighing. It is very discouraging when you work for weeks and nothing happens. That happened to me for like 2 months. but the sizes I ended up losing were fantastic. I really must have built up muscle.

Be kind. As my momma used to say. If you don't have anything nice to say to someone, don't say anything.
    Here is to all of us having a healthy new year.
    kc
  • I can personally say she is right. I have worked in a very busy gym for over a year, and trust me the jan-feb months are way busier than the months after that, and I would bet all of you a million bucks that the decline in the number of workouts walking through the door each day has ANYTHING to do with her venting on here. If you all were doing a circuit training, one in which that it was CRUCIAL to have zero rest time in between excercises, wouldn't you be a tad ticked off that someone is sitting on the decline bench TEXTING or talking to a friend or watching the game on the flat screen above? If she wants to be irritated at that then let her, because everyone else can't tell me that it wouldn't bother you either, so LET IT OUT GIRL! If losing weight and working out and dieting were easy, wouldn't everyone be in tip top shape? keep your head up and keep on goin!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    I'm with you on the scale. They are evil and should be approached with CAUTION. I soooo get the gym too. Mine is especially busy right now and I haven't been able to get on my favorite machine in weeks. I really like the incline machine but there are limited numbers and the new people don't use them correctly. They could be doing the same workout on the regular treadmills but tie up the inclines and then use them as treadmills.....so annoying. All the classes are busier and it's harder to get a good workout since you're crowded into the room. Parking is terrible too. Oh well, 80% will be gone by March and the remaining 20% will become new friends. Until...I'm trying to exercise patience.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    i really was just venting, for the peeps who took it the wrong way. and my ticker saying i've lost five pounds doesn't mean that's all i've lost. i've successfully lost more than 45 and kept it off for 18 months. that is just the last of the "vanity" pounds that doesn't want to move. I was irritated bc i couldn't get my cardio intervals in last night the right way, and that people were strolling on the track talking on their phones and taking up all three lanes holding hands like it's a boardwalk or something. i'm there to workout, and i'm freaking serious about it. i'm already there for more than an hour a day, i don't have another 45 minutes to wait on you to finish your love stroll and your cell phone chat. either get busy or get out of my way. and no, i don't have the attitude that i own the gym. i DO have the attitude that i just described. I have a job to do. my exercise is extremely important to me and if someone is up there in flipflops playing on the damn treadmill bc they want to "lose weight" i'm sorry. i need that machine. i've worked too hard the past two years to have patience with the people who think there is something magic about january. if you feel the need to tell me how i've hurt your feelings in MY vent, by all means, pm me. but seriously? i'm not talking to you specifically unless you were the person i just ran over on the track bc you didn't look behind you and i didn't have anywhere to go. get over yourselves.
  • lemonllama
    Ive just been thinking about this all morning and still find it irritating to post on a site to motivate and support people about how much you dont support people locally!

I would think you'd be proud so many people in your town are trying to turn their lives around.

And makes me sad because thats why people give up.

And im not saying because you had only lost 5 lbs you have a right?? Makes it even worse to say how you've lost a lot of weight so therefore you have a right to the gym that they dont have, Its always irritated me how the skinny people think they own the gym and have more of a right to it then the people just starting out!!

Maybe you should be getting off the machines for THEM!! Or maybe you SHOULD take some time off and do videos at h ome or something so they can have more use and maybe not feel so intimidated.

Everyone pays. Everyone has a right. Not just you because you startedbefore January and lost enough weight to be worth it.

Not trying to be rude and your right- you do have the right to vent, but i feel if you post something on here you cant expect everyone to agree and we all have the right to our oppinions!
  • lemonllama
    If you NEED those machines and they dont- go buy your own and have it at home so you dont have to worry about them.

And no need to PM somebody if they post on here for the world to see theres a "reply" button for a reason.

So get over YOURSELF and your 'right to these machines'

Pathetic.
  • lemonllama
    About the dont say anything you wouldnt to their face, yes i would totally say this to your face if I saw you at the gym or heard you say this.

But would you say this to all the people struggling to make a change in the new year?? I doubt it

But anyways, good luck on your weight loss, the scale will budge eventually!!
  • klybarger
    klybarger Posts: 214
    Have to say that you don't see that kind of work out determination too often! I always look at newbies with patience because they're only doing what every book, magazine, TV show, etc. is telling them they should be doing - but they don't "get it" yet. While it is frustrating, don't let them raise your blood pressure - they just haven't reached your level of commitment yet.

Wishing you continued success!
  • I agree with lemonllama, just sayin.
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Dear Heidi,

I got on this afternoon curious as to how your post and mine went. Wow, there are some angry people out there. I truly don't see what you wrote as that bad. At the place where I go to exercise, you are not allowed to talk on cell phones. That made me mad but now I see why.

I feel you were just venting and wanted to let someone have it. I didn't take you all that seriously but that you wanted to talk about what you were annoyed with while trying to get off those last pounds. Keep up the good work and congrats for being 'skinny'. I pray to get there. Have a blessed day. kc
  • But you might be losing fat and gaining muscle! Muscle ways more than fat!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Wow...lemon sounds like a real b*tch. Don't let her get you down.
    This is the reason I no longer go to the gym (besides...no fees :bigsmile: )
    Heidi...you look great, keep up the great work...and be 'skinny'. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Personally I see all these people at the gym, who are overweight and I'm assuming just starting in at the gym, and it makes me proud of them. There are so many people who don't even take that first step. At least these people are getting off of their hinie's and attempting to do something.

Don't ever trust the scale, if you want something reliable go for a measuring tape. I don't care about the number on the scale, I care about the number of inches I'm losing.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    I actually have to say that I do believe that MFP is a place that we can and should vent our frustrations. In the last few months there was actually of thread on how annoying people at the gym can be. I thought it was kind of funny. If someone venting annoys you, don't read the post.
This discussion has been closed.