Do friends help?

Options
I do well to take time to update my blog and track my food and exercise, but I think having someone to gently push you couldn't hurt. I can't decide if I need a coach or a cheerleader ... maybe I just need a friend. It looks like most people are here are pretty young. Good for you for taking care of your health while you're young. However, if there is anyone that older looking for a friend ... I'm a young acting 62 year old. Just look at my pic, I'm jumping rope!!!!

Replies

• THINk_kkaybbyx0
    Options
    Well I am only 20 but I can provide a great amount of encouragement & support ! Feel free to add!
  • cuffs_r
    cuffs_r Posts: 41
    Options
    I think friends are coaches and cheerleaders. Feel free to add me, Im 43 and always looking for supportive friends!:happy:
  • tenleyzoe
    tenleyzoe Posts: 107
    Options
    They do! (: All y'all can add me (: I'm Tenley by the way (:
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Friends help me a lot. It's nice to get encouragement and support, and give it too. It helps to see people going through the same struggles and how they overcome them. i have friends in 3 countries. The differences in life styles, cultures, beliefs and knowledge. can be enlightening. We all learn from each other. It becomes a matter of wanting to do well for the 'team'. We laugh, we whine. We cal each other out when necessary. And give high fives for successes. I have found quite a few people. men and women. in our age bracket. And a lot of them feel like long time friends. We talk about so much more than just MFP stuff. We share our lives. And we're all pretty much here for the same reasons. I would say YES friends help! friend me if you like!
  • iRebel
    iRebel Posts: 383
    Options
    yeah! the things some of my friends say really makes my day- or even my week! :P
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I did MFP w/o friends, now this time with friends. I think it is a big help. I enjoy writing on my friends posts, as much as I enjoy reading what they have written. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    I'm adding you!
  • ASDavis72
    ASDavis72 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think friends help especially positive ones who have a similar goal (mine is to be healthy); I have a few on here and we motivate each other. Feel free to add me.
  • Moveit80
    Moveit80 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Friends are great support on here!! Hopefully I'll have more sooner or later. The more the better to motivate. :)
  • judygorham
    Options
    well I am 62 still feel young at times.It helps a lot to have someone to encourage you. Its a hard road at times and I try to make it easier if I can. I am here if you need a friend.