Is this okay?

Options
You must live under a rock if you don't know about the hurricane coming this way yet.
Guess who lives smack in the middle of it's trajectory?
Since all my exercise equipment is stranded in the garage, and I can't go outside, I'm stuck with no way to workout.
(I'm not doing pushups, that's just a thing I've never been able to do, don't ask why, I couldn't do it as a skinny kid either.)
To balance out, I've just been cutting back on calories, about 200 or 300 under the goal.
Will this work until the storm clears?

Replies

• kariberi84
    kariberi84 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You should be fine. But you can also do some work outs. Get cans of food or bottles of water and "lift some weights", do wall push ups, jumping jacks, dance, etc.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Take a look online for body weight exercises. Stuff like lunges, squats, planks, crunches, leg lifts, chair dips, calf raises, etc, etc. etc. can all be done without any equipment of any time.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Nope, not ok. Eat your calories. Just don't go over.
  • kariberi84
    kariberi84 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you get per day?
  • Steveisokay
    Options
    Maybe try running in place. You should be fine even if you cannot exercise for a few days.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I would just say aim for the goal. The goal will result in weight loss. Google exercises to do at home and find some new stuff.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Oh, and even if you don't exercise, you don't need to cut any calories from what MFP has given you. That calorie amount is with a deficit already built in, without exercising. So eat your normal calories, you just won't get any additional to eat from working out.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    You must live under a rock if you don't know about the hurricane coming this way yet.
    Guess who lives smack in the middle of it's trajectory?
    Since all my exercise equipment is stranded in the garage, and I can't go outside, I'm stuck with no way to workout.
    (I'm not doing pushups, that's just a thing I've never been able to do, don't ask why, I couldn't do it as a skinny kid either.)
    To balance out, I've just been cutting back on calories, about 200 or 300 under the goal.
    Will this work until the storm clears?

Sorry that you're in the path of this storm.

There's no need to cut back on your calories--your daily deficit was already built into your daily calorie goal by MFP.
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Look at your life as a marathon and not a sprint. A few days isn't going to hurt. Just get back to it once everything is back to normal. Eat your calories still just don't go over
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that your goals here are assuming no additional exercise, so you're fine :)

Besides, Isaac will be gone in a few days; It's not like you're stuck for weeks. Then, I'll get him. *sigh*

But, do some squats, lunges and pushups from the knees if you're wanting to get some exercise on!
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Headed towards me too.....look at it this way, if we are out of power it will be like living in a sauna so we might drop a little water weight from sweating like pigs- Gotta love living in FL!!!
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Check out http://www.bodyrock.tv/. It's all about working out at home and most is without equipment.
    Don't cut back on calories if you can help it. Weight lose is based on gretaer calories out vs calories in.
    Cheater pushups are pushups done on your knees until you build the strenght to do regular ones.
    Remember you burn calories being active and even more with focused exercise. Good luck.
  • ASDavis72
    ASDavis72 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Do some Calisthenics; how many calories are you eating? If you’re not eating enough calories you will only sabotage your weight loss because your metabolism will slow down and could put your body in starvation mode; you can also lose muscle in lieu of fat.