How would you log this or would you??

Options
I spent 5 hours the Exhibition (fair with rides and games) with my family. I was standing or walking around the rides and exhibits the whole time. How would you log this as exercise or would you even bother. I ate well all day but did not actual exercise as I was gone most of the day. I am exhausted so it's gotta count for something...lol

Replies

• Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I don't count stuff like that. If it's not planned exercise I don't count it towards my daily total. We went to Universal earlier this week and walked at least 7 miles throughout the day, but I see no need to count that towards my exercise total, even though I was exhausted the next day.

I'm sure it counts for something, but consider it extra.
  • greaseswabber
    greaseswabber Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Pre Fitbit I would have logged it as 1.5 or 2 hours of slow walking (2.0 mph). If the calories come out too high, I would have put in something lower.

edited to fix a typo and to add this additional detail: I keep my activity level at sedentary because I basically have a desk job. I count any exercise that is at least as strenuous as walking my dog.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I would consider it extra. Mark it in your exercise notes for the day what you said above so if you look back you know you did something that day.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    9Pre Fitbit I would have logged it as 1.5 or 2 hours of slow walking (2.0 mph). If the calories come out too high, I'd put in something lower.

This is exactly what I'd do!!
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    I usually long half the time walking at a slow pace. so gone 7 hours...log 3-3.5 at walking 2.0 mph...just me though~corina
  • mumi
    mumi Posts: 24
    Options
    This is what I did before I posted this:).
  • mumi
    mumi Posts: 24
    Options
    9Pre Fitbit I would have logged it as 1.5 or 2 hours of slow walking (2.0 mph). If the calories come out too high, I'd put in something lower.
    Forgot to quote this...see long day:)
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    When first starting logging I would count that as walking at a slow pace. I no longer log things like this. Either way is fine I would think. Walking is exercise whether you did it there or at a park, track etc.