Easiest change of lifestyle I have ever tried

Options
I started this adventure when my Niece posted a photo of herself on facebook she had lost 56 lbs at that point. I emailed her and asked her hey girl what in the world are you doing to lose weight ( she looks wonderful) she told me she was doing myfitnesspal and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I was determined to try. Well its been about a month and I am down 13lbs and have had my blood sugar under better control than I have in 10 years... I love this program, now I just have to get my shred on....lol

Replies

• terri1020
    Options
    I love the shred! It's very hard at first but it's awesome to feel yourself getting stronger every day! Go for it!
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! The hardest part is getting started. You are well on your way!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! The hardest part is getting started. You are well on your way!

Yep, between my wife and I we have lost over 100lbs here
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    very nice! i love pretty much all jillian michaels videos. seriously lol. currently working through body revolution.
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I've lost weight with WW, and now switched onto MFP after getting stuck on their new plan. So I've been used to getting the food at least somewhat under control! ;) Exercise, however, is the thing I've not really looked at yet, I really dislike it LOL So good on you for tackling them both!
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bes thing that ever happened to us. My husband and I are down over 100 lbs too. It just seems so easy. Keep up the good work!
  • tatgirl661
    Options
    Thanks everyone, and lois4468 I also have my husband interested he has joined but isn't as diligent as I have been on logging and tracking the calories but as I am progressing I think he will also...now to go get the 30 day shred DVD!!
  • jen350z
    jen350z Posts: 48
    Options
    I agree. I have tried so many different diets and plans and nothing worked. I got as far as 230 pounds.

My friend showed me this and I started doing it. I started going to the gym. Now 11 and two weeks later I feel like nothing can stop me.

I dont miss my gym time no matter what. I ENJOY going to the gym. Calories that took me an hour to burn before I do in 20 minutes.

I feel better about myself and my self esteem has gone up. It was a drag to do anything physical before... now Im up for anything.

It is just AMAZING. I am more then happy to find a program that I dont have to be tied to salads for and that I have other member's support in.

Let keep losing. Thanks MFP!