That's IT I QUIT!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I actually have to say that I do believe that MFP is a place that we can and should vent our frustrations. In the last few months there was actually of thread on how annoying people at the gym can be. I thought it was kind of funny. If someone venting annoys you, don't read the post.

Ditto. Some people get waaaaaay toooo overly sensitive on here sometimes.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I actually have to say that I do believe that MFP is a place that we can and should vent our frustrations. In the last few months there was actually of thread on how annoying people at the gym can be. I thought it was kind of funny. If someone venting annoys you, don't read the post.

Ditto. Some people get waaaaaay toooo overly sensitive on here sometimes.

Agreed. Why is it that some people get bothered about what bothers other people? If what someone "says" doesn't quite fit your personal opinion....don't read it, and don't comment on it. No one wants to hear you vent about why someone else is venting. I enjoy MFP and the chance it gives for me to vent, but its incredibly annoying when other people come on MFP just to simply tell me I am "pathetic" for thinking that way. Its just kind of rude, you know? If you want to make your own person point, start your own thread about "why you enjoy a million people at the gym"...rather than putting someone else down on a thread they started to vent a bit to those that would listen. If you didn't want to listen, you didn't have to.

Anyways...aside from that... Congrats on your weight loss! I have been weighing in once a week- but sometimes when I am in a little slump I like to skip a few weeks and work really hard to see some good results! My friend LittleEva, on MFP used to tell me she only weighed herself once a month and saw terrific results because she wasn't so obsessed with the numbers on the scale! Do whatever feels best for you!! Good luck!
  • Rumph1
    Rumph1 Posts: 8
    Options
    I know how you feel. I did WWatcher way back in my 40's and had a hard time. I stuck with it complaining that I simply could not eat any less etc or walk any more. Suprisingly, the weight finally came off once I changed my sed rate. That is what you are doing - keep trying. I was loosing like a pound a month...but at least I was not gaining anything. Do it because it is healthy - then eventually you will see the weight come off. I promise if you change your sed rate, you are going to suddenly see a big change. Hang in there.
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    Ive just been thinking about this all morning and still find it irritating to post on a site to motivate and support people about how much you dont support people locally!

I would think you'd be proud so many people in your town are trying to turn their lives around.

And makes me sad because thats why people give up.

And im not saying because you had only lost 5 lbs you have a right?? Makes it even worse to say how you've lost a lot of weight so therefore you have a right to the gym that they dont have, Its always irritated me how the skinny people think they own the gym and have more of a right to it then the people just starting out!!

Maybe you should be getting off the machines for THEM!! Or maybe you SHOULD take some time off and do videos at h ome or something so they can have more use and maybe not feel so intimidated.

Everyone pays. Everyone has a right. Not just you because you startedbefore January and lost enough weight to be worth it.

Not trying to be rude and your right- you do have the right to vent, but i feel if you post something on here you cant expect everyone to agree and we all have the right to our oppinions!

Not to be rude (as you obviously are being) but you sound like a b*tch. It really bothers me when I get to the gym and see people who aren't really trying taking up machines. You can tell the difference between people who are committed and people who are just there cause it's the cool thing to do now. I'm sure the OP has no problem with people who are actually committed to getting healthy but with the people who are just there to be there. We're here to support our fellow MPFers. You viciously attacked someone who was just venting and there is no need for that. Not everyone can just buy a home gym which is why we pay to use gyms. Yeah, everyone who pays has a right to be there but some people aren't there to get healthy but just to hangout. I get mad at those people too. Luckily I go to a pretty low key gym and it's barely ever crowded but I'd be pissed off too if I saw a couple holding hand while strolling on the treadmill or someone just sitting there texting on a machine I want to use.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Woah, since when is it okay to call each other b*tches on here? Things sure have changed.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I think people just got a little over-emotional. I wasn't picking on any one person, just venting as I said in the OP.