OMGosh...I wasn't THIS big when I gave BIRTH!

Options
WOW...I've heard so much about this "MFP" and can't afford Weight Watchers...so I thought I'd give it a shot.
I'm a single mom...emotional eater...will cut out all alcohol...opened my own business 5 months ago...and can think of every excuse in the world to "start tomorrow", or "just one more". So when I remind myself of how far I've come in my life with other situations, I make me so mad when I say "I can't" get a grip on this eating thing...cuz I know I CAN...I think I just need some help tp SNAP OUT OF IT!
The magic number is '48'. I've got '48' pounds to shed...so what the he** am I waiting for!??!
...Thanks in advance for any help/motivation you can share!
~Chris :-)

Replies

• texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Chris I've been on WW for a little more than year. I joined MFP a long time ago but didn't get active until this month, August 2012. Wanting to keep my health is my motivator and it is working. Back to MFP I have found so much more support and sharing of info on MFP than I ever did on the other plan. Hang-in there; give it all you got and you will do well.
  • dcaf1962
    dcaf1962 Posts: 16
    Options
    You took the most important step (you signed on). Keeping track of what you eat, and how much exercise you do (which by the way, allows you to eat more. It's called "eating back") is a great way to keep you in line. Good luck to you. If you have any questions ( I know some things, but I am not all knowing) just hit me up. I love to exercise (horses are my passion), and I love to manipulate my calories. I will literally spend an extra hour on my horse, or walk to my neighbor's hours (a half a mile away) just so I can eat a better dinner. I use my phone, my computer, and my Ipad, to keep track of all I do and eat, and I lose weight. 10 years ago that was not possible. I was getting by by using a pen and a pad, and then transcribing to my computer spreadsheet at night. It was a lot of work, and I had a hard time keeping the weight off. This site will really help you.
    Let this computer site do half the work for you. Take one day at a time, and don't be greedy (going below your daily calorie needs). A pound or two a week is a great goal and is easily obtainable. I treat calories like money, I always ask myself if I can afford it, and if the anser is "no", I will work for it (walk, ride, gardening, etc)..... YOU CAN DO THIS
  • dcaf1962
    dcaf1962 Posts: 16
    Options
    And by the way, don't give up all your favorite foods and drinks in one day. I will happily walk a couple of miles for a 5 oz glass of Sangria........
  • onyx1972
    onyx1972 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Good Luck on your journey and feel free to add me if you like....
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have found so much more support and sharing of info on MFP than I ever did on the other plan. Hang-in there; give it all you got and you will do well.

same here! I'm also a self employed single mom! feel free to add me
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Same for me. I gained 70 lbs with each daughter and then lost it and I'm bigger now than i was each time. This
  • spippin73
    Options
    Wow. I wasn't this weight when I was nine months pregnant either! So, like you, I am an emotional eater. Stress always makes me want carbs and chocolate! My son has been my inspiration. He joined MFP about 9 months ago and has lost over 60 pounds. He gave me some wonderful advice. He told me not to put a time limit on weight loss. I have always become discouraged if the scale didn't quickly show the right number. His question was, what does it matter if it takes you until next summer mom? At least you will get there. Incredible advise from an 18 year old. So, here I am. The weight is coming off slowly, but each day I ask myself, what does that matter? I hope you will hang in there and I wish you the best of luck. Remember, don't set a time limit on yourself...you are worth whatever time it takes to be healthy!!!
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My big wake up call was starting to log my foods, and seeing how much calories i was REALLY eating. That was like, woah. SInce thing if I do something not to great, I can see it, and how it affects my calories. It was hard at first and then it gets easier.
  • Mustaine4Pres
    Options
    Add me :) I also am bigger than i was when i gave birth and have 40 pounds to lose. (I gained back 4 this week on vacation)
  • melcpia
    melcpia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Chris! Like you I kept putting it off and I wasn't this heavy being pregnant with my last baby either..I stacked on the pounds after. Like you I just couldn't afford to go to WW or Jenny Craig. Several people at work were doing the whole shake diet thing from Tony fergusson and I couldnt afford that either. So someone put me on to MFP and here I am. 62 pounds down (28 kgs)

Feel free to add me for support!
  • hlp7164
    hlp7164 Posts: 16
    Options
    I am the first to say I can relate... i gave birth to my daughter a year ago, and i'm back at the weight I was when i was preganant! I am so determined to get this weight off! I have 40+ pounds to lose...I've lost 8 so far but have a long way to go! good luck to you! and stay focus!
  • gregre04
    gregre04 Posts: 91
    Options
    Sadly I'm in the same boat. I can't tell you how many times I joined WW and failed but for some reason MFP is working for me. I have never lost this much weight and I'm jogging!! Being able to identify with everyone makes a difference. I'm just getting started on here and would love some friends.
  • melcpia
    melcpia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Sadly I'm in the same boat. I can't tell you how many times I joined WW and failed but for some reason MFP is working for me. I have never lost this much weight and I'm jogging!! Being able to identify with everyone makes a difference. I'm just getting started on here and would love some friends.

Me too, Ive done WW 3 times, never made it to goal and always stacked it back on. I think the whole thing for me was MFP actually shows me the calories and what the nutritional info is rather than just point counting!
  • shearhappinessmech
    Options
    Thank you!!! :happy:
  • shearhappinessmech
    Options
    Thank you for the idea of treating calories like money! I'll remember that for sure!