bought an elliptical today.....

Options
and plan on using it every day.....school starts back for the kiddos on Monday and my plan is to get up 30 minutes before they do and give it a whirl. I am ho[ping this is going to get me motivated to lose the pounds I have to lose....

Replies

• jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Good luck...I bought a total gym and love it
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    cool! I used to have a recumbent bike and would literally roll out of bed and onto that thing for 30 minutes of fasted cardio. I believe it helped a lot with my fat loss, and it was a great waker-upper!!
  • joaniej75
    joaniej75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    im hoping it will help me to feel more alive in the mornings...i feel like I can barely go some mornings..
  • dcaf1962
    dcaf1962 Posts: 16
    Options
    You took the most important step (you signed on). Keeping track of what you eat, and how much exercise you do (which by the way, allows you to eat more. It's called "eating back") is a great way to keep you in line. Good luck to you. If you have any questions ( I know some things, but I am not all knowing) just hit me up. I love to exercise (horses are my passion), and I love to manipulate my calories. I will literally spend an extra hour on my horse, or walk to my neighbor's hours (a half a mile away) just so I can eat a better dinner. I use my phone, my computer, and my Ipad, to keep track of all I do and eat, and I lose weight. 10 years ago that was not possible. I was getting by by using a pen and a pad, and then transcribing to my computer spreadsheet at night. It was a lot of work, and I had a hard time keeping the weight off. This site will really help you, use it every day, and I promise the pounds will start melting right offffffff
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Start tomorrow!
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    It's the best exercise tool I ever bought. I don't know where I'd be with out it. It saves having to run to the gym. I listen to the radio. When I'm on it for30 minutes. Been using it faithfully again since May and have lost about 14 lbs.
  • joaniej75
    Options
    You're right, I will start tomorrow---thanks
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    Bought an elliptical today and plan on using it every day
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I love elipticals.
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    Bought an elliptical today and plan on using it every day

Good luck...I bought a total gym and love it

You lucky girls!! My 2 favourite exercise machines. Waffling between which one I really want here at home; think I will probably end up with an elliptical due to space constraints. Keep up the good work!!:happy:
  • joaniej75
    Options
    a friend of mine was selling hers so I got a really good deal..now i have that and a treadmill and Zumba so there is no reason I cant lose this weight
  • oregongal77
    Options
    Yeah! I love my elliptical. I started with 30 minutes and am now up to 60 minutes! Good Luck!
  • CumbriaBeval
    CumbriaBeval Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also just bought an elliptical. I was hoping it would help me reach 10,000 steps as it was very difficult with my sedentary job to even get 3,000 steps (I use a fitbit).

Happy to see others here using the elliptical and reading positive things. I need to lose some serious weight.
  • Lionidle
    Lionidle Posts: 21
    Options
    My boss told me once that most recumbent bikes have just 20 minutes use on them after i bought one. I said that mine would have at least 2 hours on it by the first week as i was going to do 30 minutes every night.

For the first 2 weeks it didn't do more than 20 minutes.

That was a month ago. Now it's averaging 1 hour per week and will probably increase.

I've found the secret to starting off on anything is little and often as opposed to hell for leather right away. Trying to get 30 minutes in every day will end in disappointment as it only takes a bad day or a chore than needs done to skew your timetable and before you know it the bike has only done 20 minutes.

Now i plan it by doing an hour to an hour and a half in a week. This could be all in one day or spread out over the week. It works for me as theres no pressure to get on it before a tv show comes on and i feel that i look forward to my next session instead.
  • FourLynne
    FourLynne Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have one, too. My bone spur doesn't like it though...but I decided that I am going to try and work past the pain. Starting out limited but hoping for the unlimited possibilties! Best,
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I was running on the treadmill at the gym (at work) and thinking to Self, "I know that if I buy an elliptical machine for home, I would use it every single day. Hmmmm..... maybe I should."

I love my home workouts! Enjoy yours... cheers!
  • mountain59
    mountain59 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    my daughter brought hers when she moved in after her divorce... I became addicted to it.... wore it out and immediately bought a new one. I can tell a BIG difference in my butt and thighs when I use it regularly and when I slack off for a few weeks. LOVE it! You won't regret it.
  • mountain59
    mountain59 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I turned a spare bedroom into a "gym". I have a treadmill, elliptical and ab lounger there. Saves a lot of time over going into town to the gym and much cheaper.