Looking for Gastric Bypass Buddies to Share Menus With

Options
I am a 62yr old lady looking for some Gastric Bypass Buddies to share Menus with.

Replies

• gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Can a Lapbander join? :happy:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass in Feb. 2011.
  • bigphil1952
    Options
    Hiya, I had a gastric Bypass on 15th June 2012 in Bradford, west Yorkshire. I have lost 4 stone so far and I am starting to settle into it ok now.
    Hope we can swap ideas.
  • loubylou44
    loubylou44 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had a gastric bypass on 31st October 2008. Haven't lost all my weight so find myself here using my Bypass as a fantastic tool to help me budge the last third.

Please do add me as a friend, we can all support and encourage each other.

I'm from Oxfordshire in the UK.

Louise
  • cc9365
    cc9365 Posts: 4
    Options
    I had gastric bypass 2 weeks ago - looking for buddies:bigsmile:
  • maxwel1ma
    Options
    I am just about to have it, 2 weeks from yesterday...looking for some encouragement!!
  • kellypup11
    kellypup11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass 2 weeks ago today. I'm a very picky eater so I would love to see what everyone else is eating and how ya'll are doing.
    My biggest struggle is getting in all the supplements each day. I still haven't achieved it. Most of them are just nasty crushed up! My daily food intake usually consists of sugar free jello pudding, jello, unsweetened applesauce, sugar free Popsicles, very ground hamburger in pasta sauce, ground up shrimp, decaf ice tea, water.
  • jfrancis84
    jfrancis84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass on August 6th - I'm in!
  • jfrancis84
    jfrancis84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I only have to take one vitamin per day. It's called Optisource, and it's specifically for people who have had gastric bypass. It's chewable and orange flavored. I know surgeons' plans are all different, this was the vitamin recommended to me. It's something I guess you could look into, but apparently it has everything we need in it (but you would have to still supplement with additional stuff based on your lab work and stuff). Just thought I'd share.
  • HorizontallyImpaired
    Options
    I had VSG surgery on 07/23/2012.
  • 48vixen
    48vixen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi I had gastric bypass 12/15/10 and have lost 160 pounds. I am actually trying to put weight back on and am struggling horribly. I am even having to revert back to the crap foods just to get some weight on. I also went to culinary school so that I could help people like me that had surgery and wanted to keep their weight off, eat good foods but still get the things they like. My dr suggestions were for me to reintroduce only 3 new items a day to what I was eating. that way you would know what agreed with you and didn't. So any questions feel free to ask away!

Maile

ps there are pictures of me
  • 48vixen
    48vixen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass in Feb. 2011.

Great Job!
  • kayo4444
    Options
    I Am always looking for Bariatric Buddies and glad to meet you! Tell me about yourself........Karen
  • kayo4444
    Options
    Glad to meet you! Lets share some gastric bypass ideas! Karen
  • twosteps
    twosteps Posts: 39
    Options
    I had VSG in Sept 2010. Always looking for WLS buddies to share ideas with. X
  • SoniaLimberis
    Options
    I had RNY in OCT 2012. I would love some more buddies, please anyone feel free to add me.