1st post :)- Anyone have a goal-date?

Options
Hello everyone and it's nice to meet you!

I have a huge event in December that I'm trying to get ready for. My husband will be returning from a deployment and will have not seen each other for 11 months! I was 6 weeks post-postpartum when he left so I hope I can make some good changes. At my heaviest, I was 238 but got down to 224, then 221 (10lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight) as of Thursday.

I'm not going on any crash diets, just limiting myself to fresh foods, lots of water, and 1,200 cals a day. I would love to lose as much weight as possible. I feel like I need to step it up a notch from now until December, any advice? Has anyone, or is anyone, on a regiment that kind of has a "deadline"? After December, I plan on eating fresh and to stay around maybe 1,400 cals. My husband and I will work out together as well, so I won't be stopping. My main thing is that I need to step it up from now until then. Any suggestions or support?

Thank you :):flowerforyou:

Replies

• jen350z
    jen350z Posts: 48
    Options
    I started as 230 as well. I am now down to 218 so we are in a similar place. I lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks but I have been working out a lot and eating healthy. Haven't gone over my calories once since I started.

I am hoping to get down to 170 by new years and 135 by next summer. Yea yea its 48 pounds in a little over 4 months but I can do it. I am determined and commiited. I can manage 10 pounds a month. Let do it!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I don't have a goal date. Currently, I'm doing a bulking cycle and will stop once my body fat % hits 14 - it's 11 as of now.
  • chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Jen, do you really think you (or I) can get to 170 by New Years?? That would be awesome! I was hoping to at least be under 200 by December. I agree, let's do it :).

Good luck everyone.
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My goal date is Valentines day!
    I started 2 weeks ago at 209.9lbs and my goal weight is 180-185lbs.
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Originally I had calculated Christmas to be an doable and feasible completion date for all the weight I want to lose at a healthy rate of loss. But after seeing how my body cooperates (or doesn't ;>) ) with my plans and goals and on-the-way checkpoints and milestones, I am thinking that Valentine's Day is probably more realistic. If I'm lucky, maybe by my birthday, end of January. We shall see how that goes.....about 61 pounds to go....almost halfway there (about 4 pounds to go) and more than half of the first half has been just since May when I got serious and purposeful about this so you can do it! I have a bad knee but I bike, I walk, do my therapy stretches, situps, crunches and other flat on my back abs exercises and some low-impact workout videos from fitnessblenders.com. I've also done step ups on my porch step. Just anything to get moving and create some sweat no matter how much I hate it!!
  • MarthaLoraine
    MarthaLoraine Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hadn't really thought of a goal date until i read your post. But i want to workout as much as possible till October for my boyfriends birthday. I want to get back to 125-129 which is the weight i was when i met him four years ago.
    so my new goal is to lose 10lbs by the beginning of October.
    Think its possible?

25062278.png
  • zumba89
    zumba89 Posts: 82
    Options
    I'm going to Las Vegas on the second week in February so I want to be 290. That gives me 5 months to lose 28 pounds.
  • mrssim
    mrssim Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My husband's high school reunion will be next June so I'm aiming to be at my goal weight by then. But my first goal is 20 lbs by Christmas...kind of a gift to myself :)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get down another 8kg by Xmas time when I go home. I'd love to be in the 80kg slot.
  • chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Martha- I think 10lbs is possible but you'd definitely have to keep an eye out on everything you eat and increase the exercising you do! You have 5 weeks so you'll need to lose 2lbs a week. Good luck!

Thx everyone for their posts.
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I started out at 273lb in November last year and my goal was to hit 165lb within 18 months (May 2013).

I'm on track to meeting my goal, have lost 59lbs so far.
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My first goal is my birthday, which is mid-October. I'd like to be 135 then, so I need to lose 8.6 pounds in 2 months.

My goal after that is for Christmas- I'd like to try for 125 for then. Christmas 2011 is when I started my journey. I feel it's a Christmas is good to have my final goal weight for. Getting to 125 on Christmas would mean a 53 pound loss in one year. :]

Best of luck to you.
  • RunDottyRun
    Options
    My goal date was way back in April... lol...
  • serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I dont really have an exact date but within a year would like to be at my gw and about 54 pounds away so a ways to go but want to do it healthy with eating and working out:)
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I would love to be down to 145 by the end of October and I'm 153.2 now. We'll see how it goes from there.
  • MarthaLoraine
    MarthaLoraine Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I usually keep a good track on my food and exercise especially when i'm busy my down fall is when i have breaks in between semesters and i get bored and eat and eat and eat.

Monday i start my busy semester I'm either working or in classes from 8-5 most days. No time for binge eating :)
    I'm excited to finish this journey and get on with the next part of staying in shape.
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello Friend!!!

I started here in May. I was 209. I am currently 153. My goal date is December as well! YAY! I wanted to feel like a new lady for all the Christmas parties and plus I wasn't very pleased with the way I looked in last year's pics. :sad:

You can SO do this! It won't be easy, but it WILL be worth it! Simply put, get serious about getting serious. If you have been allowing yourself "cheat" days, knock it off. LOL Seriously, you will thank yourself later. You crave what you eat, so get away from treats and fatty snacks that you are used to running to. LOAD UP ON FRUIT & VEGGIES! LOTS OF VEGGIES!

YOU CAN DO THIS! You may not be at your exact goal when your hubby gets home, but the woman you will be will show him someone of self-control, discipline, dedication, and motivation. And the fact that you will be so far along on your journey will blow YOUR mind, let alone his. lol :noway: You are gonna ROCK THIS, my sister!

Add me, if you want!

God Bless you and thank you for YOUR service to our country! I know that the hardest job in the military is being the spouse! :heart:

Kimi
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I joined Mfp on 28th Aug 2011 and my goal was to lose 54lb for 28th Aug this year. But seeing as I only have 2 days left to lose the last 9lbs, I don't think that's going to happen! I don't really have a goal date anymore. :)
  • chroniclesofthinoholic
    Options
    how did you lose 12 pounds in two weeks...i really just want to lose 10 pounds ... as fast as i can ... im right now 5'4 and 120 pounds...always been a 110 pounds .. want to go back to that
  • lisa27midd
    Options
    I have several. I have weddings in October and December, and of course NYE. My main goal date is my 32nd birthday next April. I want to be 30 lbs down :)