Goal weight? Need opinions! :)

Options
<<<My goal is 129lbs
(I'm 138 just now). Looking at this pic, taken
yesterday, I was thinking of changing it to
125-126. I'm only 5ft2. Maybe I need to go
lower than 129 (9st3). What do you think??
Opinions please! x ;)
HW; 191
SW:183
CW:138
GW: 129??? less???

Replies

• mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    congrats on your wt loss first off!!!
    and i think u look fab now (in that pic)
    i wouldnt analyze the "number" that much.. i mean 125 or 129?? not a hugo diff..
    just concentrate on exercise/toning and energy... weather u r 129 or a few pounds less...
    to each his own also.. and just depends on your own body/health...
    im 5'4" and SW 231 CW 218 (started6wks ago on mfp) GW 160! and that seems unreal even to me..
    and yeah 150 wouldnt' hurt' but im very curvy and want muscle and to be 'me'... ya know..
    so i just say listen to your own body.. :wink:
  • renkatrun
    renkatrun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Scroll down to where Staci gains 11 lbs. "back" to see why the numbers on the scale, at one point, mean nothing... http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Same problem except I'm 5'0 and CW 138 .. My original goal was 105 but now realizing I'm changing it to 115 if 115's good for me I would say 125s prob perfect for you or even 120
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and completely understand how much of a difference a few pounds can make. I say shoot for 129 and see what you think when you are there. At least then you reached a goal even if it is not the end goal :drinker:
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Thanks every one! I'll get to 129lbs first and see how I feel from there. I'll incorporate more strength training into my workouts. I picked 129 as my goal because that's about the weight I was when I was the size that I want to be. (A Uk size 10). I don't care what weight I end up as, as long as I get to my goal size! ;)
  • kdfulgham
    kdfulgham Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I too am 5'2. I started at 170.5 in Jan, and currently around 129, am almost 50 yrs old. My original goal was 135, then 130, and again I changed it to 125. Honestly, I feel great where I am at. If I am honest I think 125 is probably a "vanity" weight. Too each his own.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I too am 5'2. I started at 170.5 in Jan, and currently around 129, am almost 50 yrs old. My original goal was 135, then 130, and again I changed it to 125. Honestly, I feel great where I am at. If I am honest I think 125 is probably a "vanity" weight. Too each his own.
    You've done great! ;)
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    <<<My goal is 129lbs
    (I'm 138 just now). Looking at this pic, taken
    yesterday, I was thinking of changing it to
    125-126. I'm only 5ft2. Maybe I need to go
    lower than 129 (9st3). What do you think??
    Opinions please! x ;)
    HW; 191
    SW:183
    CW:138
    GW: 129??? less???

First off congrats on losing fifty pounds since you started. Amazing. Secondly look at my pics. The one with the baby on my back I'm 123. I'm your same height. The one with the baby on my front I'm 135. I want to get back to 125 but at a certain point you have to start being happy where you are. And with how far you have come. Celebrate your success! Pictures can lie. Depending on the angle or lighting or what have you we can look so diff from pic to pic. Go with how you feel!!! What pant size are you? Are you comfortable with yourself?
  • relucas81
    Options
    Aim for a goal weight in the healthy BMI range, what would you weigh with a BMI of 24? Make that your initial goal and go from there
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    When you're close to your goal body, forget the scale. Aim for a half pound a week loss, get good nutrition and regular exercise including strength training, and track your progress through measurements, how clothes fit, and progress photos. The scale is pretty much meaningless at this stage. You could reach your goal size and shape without losing another pound.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2" and I'd say don't focus on the scale and instead focus on you and your size. Even though we're the same height doesn't mean that we should weigh the same. I have a medium bone structure, what is yours? I have an hour glass shape; what is yours? I am also very athletic and have a lot of lean muscle; what is your body make up? All these should be looked at. Your weight will settle itself.

I am current 123.6 and my size 2s are a little too tight. My 2s fit when I'm around 120 and that is where I want to be. If I drop below 117, the 2's are a little too loose, so I will not drop below that.

Be a size where you are comfortable; do not compare yourself to someone else...even if they are the same height and shape; it has to be about you, not someone else. Remember, this is going to be something YOU want (and CAN) to maintain.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and started at 214.5lbs. My first goal weight was 139.5lbs, which was 75lbs. lost and within the healthy BMI range. I reached it at my one year mark back in July and decided to re-adjust to 134.5lbs. Now that I'm almost there (I'm at 136lbs right now), I know that I still want to go lower, so once I hit it, I'm going to set my next mini-goal to 129.5lbs. Once I'm there, I'll decide if I'm going to stop or keep going a bit more. However, I've put a cap on how low to go - 125lbs.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Goals can be changed, but best to reach them first. I have changed mine 3 times. I am 5'3" and 47 yrs old, so I was worried about wrinkles as I got smaller. Started with a goal of 125 to determine whether I was too wrinkly to go on, then changed to 118, then to 115, now I'm at 113, but I have a very small frame. Also dependent upon how muscular you are--if you are exercising and gaining muscle, a higher number may be fine. Definitely no need to change the goal yet, tho. Get there first and then adjust down if you decide it's not low enough. And I agree that you look great!
  • 1213shell
    1213shell Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a great job thus far! I am just under 5'4" and CW is 132....my goal has always been to get to the next 10# and see what happens next. The next 10# will take me down to 122....this is where I plan to reassess and will probably increase my strength training to regain a few pounds in muscle then, reassess again to see if I'm comfortable. I think your goal should be at whatever weight you feel the most satisfied and most healthy. Good luck!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!