Turkey Veggie Taco Meat

Options
rinren84
rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
I was trying to make my taco meat a bit healthier and incorporate more vegetables without it being more "fajita" style tacos and I was trying to use up some veggies in my fridge. So here's the recipe and it was delicious. You really can't even taste or see the zucchini once it's cooked.

1 lb ground turkey 93% lean
1/2 medium zucchini grated
1 red pepper chopped
1 onion chopped
1/4 cup taco seasoning
2/3 cup water (or whatever your taco seasoning calls for)

Cook it up and serve it! So good! If you want the nutrition facts, you can search for Erin's Homemade - Turkey Veggie Taco Meat

Replies

• saraketner
    Options
    I use the food processor to "hide" veggies in TONS of food.. My kids never even realize what's in there and I think it really adds to the flavor of the food. You can hide cauliflower or zucchini in pretty much anything. I put pureed cauliflower in tuna salad and use just a little mayo. I even put spinach and carrots in brownies.. they're pretty good if you don't eat them until they are completely cooled. Anything to get veggies in their little tummys!:wink:
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm really not trying to hide them because I LOVE vegetables (minus mushrooms, but thats fungi right?), I just want to get more of them!! Thanks for the tips though. I will have to try that cauliflower in tuna salad...sounds interesting.