Dieting and going to the loo more?

Options
Well, this is possible a TMI question, and it's a tad embarrassing to ask but hey, if anyone'll know it's you guys, right? And you can't get more intimate than sharing everything you eat with strangers anyway, huh.

So... I've been going to the loo at least once an hour on some days since starting my diet. I know I'm drinking a little bit more water but... seriously, is this ok?

Replies

• Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    As long as it doesn't hurt, it's fine.

Otherwise you should be checked for a UTI.

When I started drinking more water I had to go really often as well. My body has adjusted now and I don't have to go nearly as often.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    It's always nice to get rid of excess fluid retention!
  • Debi4211
    Debi4211 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes - as Illona said, it will calm down after a while and your body is used to being hydrated all the time - main thing is - keep it up!
  • WhatHayleyEats
    Options
    Totally normal! If you're eating much more healthily than before, and drinking lots of water, then you should be going to the loo much more often as you are helping your body to flush out all of those toxins.
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Haha, I go constantly! There have been times, I go, get back to my desk, and minutes later need to go again! I try to drink at least 100oz of water a day, and tend to do most of it at work - I just look at the bright side - I'm burning calories running (and I mean literally running!) back and forth to the bathroom! :smile:
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    It probably is, yes. Drinking more will do it!

As long as you don't have any of these symptoms:

-Urgency to pee and then producing little to no urine
    -Pain or burning while urinating
    -Lower abdominal pain or low back pain

....then you're fine. If you do have those symptoms, you may have a UTI.
  • WhatHayleyEats
    Options
    Haha, I go constantly! There have been times, I go, get back to my desk, and minutes later need to go again! I try to drink at least 100oz of water a day, and tend to do most of it at work - I just look at the bright side - I'm burning calories running (and I mean literally running!) back and forth to the bathroom! :smile:

Ha ha!! I work from home and I'm constantly running up and down the stairs to the bathroom and back. It's great!
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    Oh, from experience it's not like any UTI I've ever had before, so that's good.

Thanks for the advice? And yep, it is good to know I'm at least flushing things out and like you said Themetra it adds to my walking around.

The major problem (why I asked) is that even if I don't drink before bed, it's waking me up some nights (on top of the insomnia).
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    i drink coffee, water all day, mostly water and go all day
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Thanks for the advice? And yep, it is good to know I'm at least flushing things out and like you said Themetra it adds to my walking around.

The major problem (why I asked) is that even if I don't drink before bed, it's waking me up some nights (on top of the insomnia).

I had the same problem. I stopped drinking diet soda and started drinking water. Some nights, I made 4 trips to the bathroom., even if I stopped drinking by 6pm. Three weeks later, I'm not getting up at night. :smile: My skin also looks so much better! Keep at it. You won't feel like you have the bladder of a squirrel forever!
  • WhatHayleyEats
    Options

I also have to pee during the night, even if my last drink was at 8 or 9pm. Don't worry about it. Your body will adapt gradually. There's nothing wrong with you! =) Just enjoy the change that you're feeling.
  • josyjozy
    josyjozy Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    When I first started getting in my 64 ounces of water a day, I was going a lot. But after a few weeks, it's slowed down a lot. I have always had to get up and night to go, even before drinking lots of water, so there is nothing unusual for me.
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!

I'm experiencing more visits to make a "sanitary pause" and also more "prolonged visits"... If you get my drift... :/ (TMI, I know... )

I naturally go a lot, but this is insane... I almost live there... :(