Mobility issues

Hi Everyone,

I suffered sever injuries from an accident in 2009 where I broke my left tibia and ankle, I broke my right ankle and talus bone I also broke my back which I have had spinal fusion for. I was wondering how many calories should I aim to burn in one day of exercise. I am getting married and am to lost 40kgs for my wedding :) Thanks for any feedback.

Replies

• CupcakeHarpy
    CupcakeHarpy Posts: 100 Member
    Hi Everyone,

I suffered sever injuries from an accident in 2009 where I broke my left tibia and ankle, I broke my right ankle and talus bone I also broke my back which I have had spinal fusion for. I was wondering how many calories should I aim to burn in one day of exercise. I am getting married and am to lost 40kgs for my wedding :) Thanks for any feedback.

You'll get different stories from different people. But my take on it is that most of weight loss is watching your calories. Everything is an estimation at first, but you have to start somewhere. I suggest going online and calculating your bmr and tdee. Eat between those numbers and if you do any exercise, then eat back those calories at least until you reach your bmr for the day. Be wary of the calories spent exercising on mfp. They are extremely inflated. Work around those numbers and find what works best for you. As for exercise, you had an accident and a surgery... Are you recovered? Does your doctor say you can work out? Follow their advice. I hurt my back this year and find that swimming is what gave me back my mobility. Go for increasing your range of motion and building muscle more than killing yourself with cardio. Best of luck.
  • I have had plates and screws inserted in both legs and feet and still suffer significant pain and have very limited movement in my joints but I can exercise around 40 minutes a day. Thanks for your advice
  • CupcakeHarpy
    CupcakeHarpy Posts: 100 Member
    I hope everything works out and congrats on your upcoming :drinker: wedding