Protein

Options
I can't seem to stay under my protein goal. I am under on my cals, carbs, and fat. Is this something that is terrible or should I just stick to what I'm doing?

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I don't think going over in protein is bad. Protein & fiber help you feel (and stay) full!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on how much you are going over. each meal should have 15 to 30 g of protein. Don't forget to try and get close to your caloric intake. You need those calories to help you burn fat. Especially if you are working out.
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    I can't seem to stay under my protein goal. I am under on my cals, carbs, and fat. Is this something that is terrible or should I just stick to what I'm doing?

Protein helps suppress appetite (src YOU on a Diet) and you may need to adjust your MFP protein goals. When I earned my nutrition certification last year we were taught the following is the best ratio:
    Carbs- 40-60% of calories
    Protein- 20-40%
    Fat- 10-20%
    60-30-10 or 50-35-15 works for most people.

Also, protein is good for healthy nails and hair as well as cellular function (src B.S. in Biology)
  • krg918
    krg918 Posts: 36
    Options
    I asked my trainer (who is also a dietician) about it itoday. He says if your exercising on a regular basis, you need 0.8 to 1gram of protein per kg of your ideal body wt. So if your goal wt is 150lbs ( 68kg)(2.2lbs=1kg) you can eat up to 68 grams of protein per day.

It cleared it up for me, hope it helps!!
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE!!! THIS REALLY HELPED!

GOD I LOVE THIS SITE :)