Soreness

Options
I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday and wasn't too sore, but after today, OUCH! I am sore all over. I am very motivated to keep going but just wanted to know if anyone knew whether continuing with really sore muscles was good or bad??? I thought I remember a trainer I had a few years back telling me something about resting the muscles in between for some reason???? I don't know. Any insight? I'd love to keep pushing but don't want to do any harm to my body.

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    One thing that is VERY helpful, do some serious stretching for 10-20 min right after and it will benefit you, I guarantee it. But you should give your muscles a little bit of time to recover, don't put yourself in agonizing pain to do it! Wait till they heal then continue :)
  • vachegomoo
    Options
    I usually pop in a yoga dvd after doing Jillian and I feel really good the next day. Definitely get that good stretch in, she's a killer!! If that doesn't help enough, you could always try doing the shred for two days, take a day off, two days, take a day off or something like that to give them some rest.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yeah i'm on day 25 or so, maybe more..........you have to stretch more the video shows. I also like mixing the different levels up a bit. i also had to take one day off my body so needed a rest from exercise. I really don't believe u have to do it 30 days straight to see results. My body is totally changing. Its hard to tell how much i loss because i am not weighing myself for one month. Tired of being slave to the scale. I did notice today my pants are baggy and getting longer lol
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I did Jillians Boost your Metabolism 2 days in a row...I know I am going to be sore, but I think I will try to push through....I think about the contestants on Biggest Loser as my inspiration to push though the pain lol
    Good Luck!
  • kellygirl5538
    Options
    I usually pop in a yoga dvd after doing Jillian and I feel really good the next day. Definitely get that good stretch in, she's a killer!! If that doesn't help enough, you could always try doing the shred for two days, take a day off, two days, take a day off or something like that to give them some rest.

That is a good idea. I usualy do some other cardio with it.
  • kellygirl5538
    Options
    I did Jillians Boost your Metabolism 2 days in a row...I know I am going to be sore, but I think I will try to push through....I think about the contestants on Biggest Loser as my inspiration to push though the pain lol
    Good Luck!

I started that video also but i still like the shred better.
  • kwright9608
    Options
    I still feel like I can do it and WANT to do it, just trying to make sure it's not bad for my muscles?? lol. So most of you who are doing the shred are also combining with other workouts?
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    At this point, the damage is done. Waiting until the pain goes away often just starts the cycle all over again. If you want to do it again, go ahead. You may feel a little worse afterward, but not that much. Continuing to exercise may stretch out the recovery time a little, but once the soreness peaks, continuing to work out probably will not make it any worse.