How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
124»

Replies

• Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself a lot but I only count it on the 6th the 21st and the last day of the month
  • Chriswind
    Chriswind Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I made myself rules that I would do it every sunday with a mid week check in. I'm not going to lie I end up checking everyday. It can be frustrating at times. The scale will go up or stay the same them bam down 2 pounds.
    I like checking everyday it gives me something to look foward to doing in the morning.
  • LadyL2012
    LadyL2012 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I used to weight myself once a week, but then went to everyday but this frustrated me due to natural fluctuations and i got a bit obsessed. i have now gone back to once a week.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm a daily weigher--it helps keep me on track. Yes, I know it fluctuates daily, but those fluctuations help keep me on track. I avoided the scale as much as possible as I gained the weight, so it is important to me to keep on task.

edited to add- my official weigh in day is the only day that I count though.
  • jenmurray116
    jenmurray116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Everyday for me first thing in the morning, for right now, but only Monday's weight is recorded - I know the scale will fluctuate and I expect it to, so I don't let it bother me. But, it's too easy for me to let one day away from the scale become 6 months from the scale and that becomes a problem. Measurements I'll only be tracking once a month. :smile:
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    daily
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Wednesday mornings..........................
  • danaweston
    Options
    every time i am in my bathroom. but i only record it once a week.

Thank goodness I am not the only one.

Me too-- but only is it is convenient to undress. other wise, I don't bother
    yea it is addictive so is my coffee
  • greaseswabber
    greaseswabber Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    As I'm sure many of you find, I find it almost impossible not to peek. So I changed the way I weigh in to go with the flow. I get on the scale most mornings when I get out of the shower. I have a wi-fi scale that records the weight. There is a free site, trendweight, that records the 'Data' (can sync to fitbit site if you have). *I do not work for and am not promoting this site, heh.

TrendWeight uses that weight data to form a staticial graph of weight over time. For me this works really well, I explain the bigger reason below. Rather than look at the actual weight for a day, I look at trendweight. I tend to platau often, usually for 5-10 days then lose a bit. Since the graphs and anaylsis use weight over a longer peroid of time (two week min) they are not really changed by the normal day to day weight changes, So I'm not bothered by them.

If I actually look at the 'Data' I can see that just in the last two weeks there was a period that if I had weighed in once a week I would have seen a .5 lb weight increase (would be bummer if only thing i was going on).

Also I was able to see a while back that my trend had gone from the nice 1.7-1.8lb per week loss trend was edging up 2.2,2.3,2.4 so I knew I was not eating enough of my replacement calaries.

*Reason I really like: This is great for Maintenace once you reach your goal (This is What we all hope for, right!). You don't have to weigh in everyday, but you should get on the scale some. You can see your weight trend over time and know if your starting to move out of your goal range without having to worry about what the scale says one day. If you start to move above your goal range, time to refocus a bit before things start to get out of hand.

Any thoughts or anyone else using?

https://trendweight.com/help

^^This, but I use the Android app Libra. I weigh in every morning. More data is better when you are trending. And I look forward to being able to use it for maintenance one day.