stupid question...alcohol??

2»

Replies

• 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    1 oz. malibu rum, water and lemon (or lime juice) - around 50 calories. 5 carbs mmmmmm
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    I fit it in. The two times I've had wine since starting on here I stayed within my calories no problem. I haven't had alcohol at all this month only because I'm doing the "No Alcohol August" challenge. Like anything else, in moderation there's no reason you can't fit it in.
  • emilypurplefrog
    emilypurplefrog Posts: 92 Member
    You have to think of this as a lifestyle change. Is alcohol something you want to continue drinking after you've reached your goal weight? Probably!

I say continue drinking. Wine in general isn't that bad for you. I prefer White Wine or White Zen.

Your best bet is to stay away from sugary drinks.

Light beers are also ok.

Light colored alcohol is also a better bet as well.
  • I include my drinks in my calorie allowance so I make sure that everything else I eat/drink is super healthy. Also I only drink about half of the recommended weekly intake since alcohol is empty calories - It seems to be working for me and I don't feel short changed.

You could also try mixing red wine with water (the French do this at lunch) or white wine with soda to cut down your intake. Agree with the vodka comment that's good on a diet with low calorie mixers.
  • bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Alcohol doesn't have to be full of calories! I made a mixed drink with fruit punch crystal light last week. lol
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Seems to be very different for everyone. When I was drinking a lot ( a few or more drinks every night ) I still lost weight. I don't count calories but I tend to automatically eat a bit less when having drinks so that calories balance out. I love champagne so that is always my first choice and it's usually low in cals about 90 cals for a glass or at least that is what one brand listed on their webpage. I also like white wine which can be low in cals as well. I like red wine but more so in the cooler months. I love scotch and just have it on the rocks so I only have 1 or 2 and then I'm good :drinker: Just do some experimenting and you'll figure out how to indulge and still lose :smile:
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    I cut back on my drinking since starting my weight loss journey. I will have a couple drinks once or twice a week if my calories allow. I generally will drink light beer, wine occasionally or just a shot of plain liquor--usually cognac. If I mix it with anything I make sure it is low in calories so usually diet soda or crystal light or seltzer water.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,321 Member
    I have yet to figure this one out. I find if I keep myself from drinking alcohol during the week..and allow myself my vodka up on the weekeends..I seem to lose. When I have a cocktail weeknights...I tend to not lose..even if I am under my calories. I just think it is my body.

However..when I have one during the week..I count the calories and stay within my count. I need to give calorie counting more time to know for sure.
  • Thanks for all the help guys!

I am only at 1200 calories per day, so 1 drink makes a dramatic difference in my intake...meaning less healthy food!

My husband and I just started to brew beer at home so I have been trying more craft beers lately to learn about our new hobby. I'm also a big red wine drinker, but one glass is usually perfect.

I don't have any kids and live a crazy, hectic, busy lifestyle. Meeting a friend out for a drink or two is very much a part of my schedule.

I appreciate all the help!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    I love my 52 calorie beer! lol. I drink vodka sometimes too.