Ready to make a change

Options
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I've been signed up on MFP for a while, but I wasn't being very consistent with using it. I am ready to make the commitment to lose weight for real this time, and I am hoping to get support and people to hold me accountable for sticking to my goals.

I have lost weight before in the past, but then gained it all back over time. This time I know I need to make a real lifestyle change, not just temporarily diet and bust my butt at the gym for only a few months. I have a lot to lose, but I am determined to see it through.

I'd like to find some friends who are also trying to lose a large amount of weight so we can work on our goals together, as well as some who are further along in their journey to help motivate me and give advice.

Replies

• SaintOnEarth
    Options
    I'm up for new friends to support and help. Feel free to send me a request :)
  • pharmtechgrl12
    Options
    I as well need to get back to it. Have been on Mfp before, but cancelled the accounts because so much was going on & I couldn't stick with it. But I'm back for a change & no matter what I want to make this a lifestyle change. In need of supportive friends as well. I will say, I don't open up my diary and I know some don't like that, but it is me and not feeling comfortable because I'm still working on being a clean eater. So, if you are cool with me not having an open food diary and want to be friends, feel free to add me :)
  • daryllynn515
    daryllynn515 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I can totally understand where you are coming from. I am always up and down with my weight. I heard about MFP thru a friend and was totally excited and ready to go but there I sat. What got me going was talking to a co-worker about it and finding out she had it as well. I knew I had to do something so I started my journey with my friend. It's been so much easier when there is someone doing it with you to offer support. You will find days to be easy and days that will be hard but always remember it is a journey and you just need to focus one day at a time. Best of luck and remeber that you are worth it!!! :heart:

22795876.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • merecov
    merecov Posts: 3
    Options
    I would be happy to be your friend. I too have a good deal of weight to lose. I have only recently started using MFP. I could use some friends to help keep me motivated and I would be happy to do the same for them.
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
  • TennesseeSodaholic
    TennesseeSodaholic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :smile: :wink: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: