What's on Your Fitness Bucket List!?

Options
Hey MFP!

This site isn't just about weight loss, it's about fitness as well! The best way to get yourself to the level of fitness you want to be at is to set yourself goals to achieve. If you have a lot of them, you can call it your "bucket list." A simple list of things you want to do.

My motivation is kicking into high gear right now, and I'm starting to compile a bucket list for things for me to do throughout the rest of my life. So far, I've got:

Run 5K, 10K, half marathon, full marathon.
Cycle 50 miles, and 100 miles
Take up rock climbing (I have a fear of heights! Another thing to tackle!)

What do you have on your bucket list? What else do you think I could add to mine?

We're all in this together!

Replies

• fueledbychange
    fueledbychange Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Do the color run! And compete in a 5k. And any kind of cycling race.. I'd love to win it. And finally be able to do the scorpion pose in yoga.
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    1) Learn to ride a bike ( :embarassed: ) so I can do a triathlon
    2) Run a half marathon in less than 2 hours
    3) Hold a plank for 1 minute(to start with...)
    4) Run a marathon in less than 5 hours...and ideally without crying in pain!

Can't think of any more for the minute but might check back here for some more ideas. :smile:
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    1. Bea ble to do 500 sit ups/crunches every day like I did 10 years ago! (250 in the morning, 250 in the evening).
    2. Run a 5k and work my way up to a full marathon.
    3. Be able to do just one perfect push up, and just one pull up.

That's all I've got for now, but I'm sure I'll think of more!!
  • ahiddenlink
    ahiddenlink Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm using a kind of tiered approach to my bucket list. Though I suppose it's more like goals I'm setting myself for the (hopefully near rather than far off) future.

September - 5K
    October - Zombie 5K
    January - Polar Bear Plunge (not so much a fitness goal, but something I feel compelled to do)
    Spring - Sky Dive
    Early Summer -10K (I'll be a little over a year into pretty serious exercise mode and with the earlier 5Ks and others I may find I hope to be ready, though we'll see)

Future:
    Serious cycling, possible triathlon, real mountain climbing, basically being able to do all the crazy things I keep saying I'll do next year and pushing it off.
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    1) Do a triathlon
    2) Run a half marathon in less than 2 hours (my first one was in 2 hours and 16 minutes)
    3) Tough Mudder :)
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I want to take a month long south america back packing trip and do the following....

Summit several peaks now that I have my asthma under control.
    Kayak some crazy South American River
    Climb a huge rock face or 3 and repel back down
    Scuba in the Caribbean

Who's coming with me????
  • Katy285
    Katy285 Posts: 18
    Options
    Mine is similar to your as far as the running and cycling, although I did a 5k in March already :)
    Some other ones are to be able to complete the Insanity DVDs doing all the exercises correctly and not skipping the ones I hate.
    I would also love to work my way up to 120 sit-ups in two minutes but that might take a while
    And the last one I can think of right now is learning how to swim so I can incorporate swimming into my workouts.

I have plenty more but these are the ones that are most important to me right now
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    this is such a neat idea, i am gonna add it to my profile!!

run 5km
    portage
    do a back bridge successfully
    do the splitz
    be able to do 10 perfect pushups, if not just one! i have been doing them on the kitchen counter
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Run a Half-Marathon (and get a sticker)
    Join Crossfit!
    Tough Mudder!
    Take my mountain bike out to a REAL trail!
    Buy a road bike and do a Century Ride!
    Buy a kayak!
    Learn to rock-climb!
  • meandtwocats
    Options
    First I want to walk to the top of our Mt. St. Helana after that look for new beach walks and trails. Basiicly get back on the trail!!
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    - a podium finish at a Tri
    - complete Olympic distance Tri
    -work up to half marthan distance running (have neck issues - so this would be a big accomplishment)
    - Century Ride (100 miles)
    - to be able to do 20+ push ups...in a row...on my toes!
    - be a good cross country skiier.
  • kzandarski
    Options
    A full Ironman and hike the Appalachian Trail

because of family obligations they seem like a forever away.

Karen
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Do a Half Marathon
    Do a Triathlon
    Do a 100 mile Bike Race
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Added another one:

Complete the walk up the CN Tower (1,776 steps)
    Run up the CN Tower without stopping
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    1. Do a Tough Mudder
    2. Be able to do a pull up/chin up
    3. Run a 5K without stopping
  • suzclark66
    suzclark66 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did the Color Run this year! It is absolutely the most fun you will ever have running! I can't wait to do it again next year! My friends and i are thinking about traveling to some other cities to do it too! My new one I'm trying in December is the Hot Chocolate Run! I also just did the Splash Mob 5K last month! They spray you with water at the end of every kilometer! A total blast!

I would like to try a triathalon once I lose my weight! Also...hike the Grand Canyon rim to rim.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    1. 5k none stop run
    2. 10k none stop run.
    3. Not strictly a fitness goal but a bungee jump and sky dive at.goal.
    4. To have defined muscles and be strong! Will work even harder on this the closer to goal I get! X
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I did the Color Run this year! It is absolutely the most fun you will ever have running! I can't wait to do it again next year! My friends and i are thinking about traveling to some other cities to do it too! My new one I'm trying in December is the Hot Chocolate Run! I also just did the Splash Mob 5K last month! They spray you with water at the end of every kilometer! A total blast!

These sound sooooooooo much fun! X
  • Becky_Boop
    Options
    To be able to run as 5k, outside, without stopping. It's not like I am asking for a full marathon but after running 1.5 today it sure feels like it!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Good question.

Compete in a half marathon (was up to running the mileage but got hurt a few days before my race! Boooo! Building back up slow and steady finally.)
    Run a full marathon
    Do a Tough Mudder
    50 push ups with ease. My upper body strength is crap!
    50 pull ups with ease.
    Learn to swim well so I can do a Tri.