What's on Your Fitness Bucket List!?

Options

Replies

• _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Half Ironman 2013 (Rhode Island)
    Full Ironman 201? (Tempe, AZ)

Walk the Camino de Santiago de Compostela (aka "The Way of St James") - 1,000+ year old pilgrimage trail through Spain. Need a good month off of work to do this, though... so this is definitely TBD, but one day.....:smile:
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Half Marathon (Check)
    Full Marathon (October 21)
    Ultra Marathon Trail Run - 50 Miles (TBD)
    Half Triathalon (TBD)
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    working on a half marathon right now!
    unassisted pull- ups
    Warrior Dash
    Scuba diving (currently pursuing this!)
    ultimate bucket list - Skydiving - big fear for me!!

good luck with your bucket list! I think it's awesome that you have one. everyone should!
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I want to run a 5K without stopping to walk, rock climbing (I'm afraid of heights), do proper pushups and eventually run a half marathon.
  • DonC77
    DonC77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Mine isnt really a huge thing, I havnt thought about marathons or anything...yet anyways. Im very out of shape, get tired just walking fast for a mile, and running is a joke, I last about 3 minutes. SO....my fitness goal right now is to work into running, I want to be able to run a whole mile! (Big deal for me!)

We all have to start somewhere, the fact that you are commiting yourself to it means a lot... I am sure you will achieve your goal and then have another set right after it.

I want to complete a 5k, I did start C25K last week. I want to complete C25K by the middle of October. Once I finish C25K I will look for a 5k to enter.

Saprtan Sprint next August..

Of couse I would like to see my abs someday!!!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Mudrun
    Half-marathon
    Maybe a full marathon
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Run a 10k and a Marathon. Compete in a Triathalon. Finish an Ironman. I'm already signed up for a Tough Mudder.. so uh.. yikes!
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    After my race season ends (early October after a 10 mile race), I plan to tackle the New Rules of Lifting for Women program o the winter.

Then next summer, I'd like to improve my finish times for some of the sprint and half marathon I've done in the past.

AND, at some point, I want to tackle Insantity!
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I want to kick *kitten* in the weight room at the gym....then kick *kitten* in mixed martial arts.....go back packing in alaska...so much to do!!!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    To run a 10K
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    So far....

Join the sub 3 club for Argus Cycling. A 110km cycling race and need to finish in under 3 hours to join the club, as the name says...

AND

Finish the Spartathlon successfully... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartathlon <-- Check out the link... I'm sure you'll realise why if your a runner this is the ULTIMATE bucket list item... IMHO anyway...

Spartathlon is a 246-kilometre (153 mi) ultramarathon race held annually in Greece since 1983 between Athens and Sparta.
  • SLE0803
    SLE0803 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    RAGBAI
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Unassisted pull-ups... = )
    Pistol squat
    Zombie Run
    Warrior Dash
    Color Run
  • zestyzaftig
    zestyzaftig Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    1. Do the local women's-only triathlon in May
    2. Reach the peak of the most challenging local mountain in July- I've been ogling it for years, wanting to conquer it
    4. Do a very difficult 26-mile trail takes me through mountain passes, rivers, and glaciers...and do it in a single day (been a dream of mine for 10 years) sometime next summer
    3. Hike the Appalachian Trail (this would be a massive endeavor to coordinate that might be a few years off)
  • hehthurr
    hehthurr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For the people saying Color Run, do it! I did it with my friends (even at our not most fit point) and it was so fun and really got us motivated to keep going with our goals. I say, do it now, and just make goals to make your time better, run more than walk next time, etc. =]
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    So far....

Join the sub 3 club for Argus Cycling. A 110km cycling race and need to finish in under 3 hours to join the club, as the name says...

AND

Finish the Spartathlon successfully... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartathlon <-- Check out the link... I'm sure you'll realise why if your a runner this is the ULTIMATE bucket list item... IMHO anyway...

Spartathlon is a 246-kilometre (153 mi) ultramarathon race held annually in Greece since 1983 between Athens and Sparta.

OOoooo... I do like the sounds of that one! Reminds me of a mountain bike "race" that takes place in the rockies once a year. I can't remember the name off-hand, but it's a 100 mile mtb race in an area so remote, everything needs to air-lifted in. all the people, gear, everything. You really need to plan ahead.

You can win prizes if you finish it under certain times. Most people do it in more than 10 hours.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Walking into the gym on my 40th birthday and bangin' out 4 sets of 10 wide-grip pull-ups just for the he!! of it. :smokin:

Also, Clapping push-ups for reps. :drinker:

Great thread OP--very inspiring goals guys!! :heart:
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    Let's see...

01. Run... a 5K, 10K, half-marathon, marathon
    02. Finish a triathlon
    03. Earn my black belt in Krav Maga
    04. Go rock climbing
    05. Go skydiving (I guess this isn't technically related to fitness but still...)
    06. Go kayaking
    07. Do a tough mudder
    08. Attempt the Ninja Warrior course!
    09. Ski a double black diamond slope successfully.
    10. Learn how to snowboard.
    11. Crossfit games!!

This list is constantly evolving (just as I am!) but that's what I could think of off the top of my head.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Increase Zumba to twice a week
    Join a gym
    Set up a weight training routine
    Try spinning once to see if I like it
  • jstandfield
    jstandfield Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to do 10 muscle ups! I can't do any right now.