Strength Training

Options
j_g4ever
j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
Doctor said to do 3 days of Strength training. I have hand weights and leg weights can you guys help me on giving me ideas on what to do and for how long I should do the strength training for.

Thank you in advance for your help

Replies

• sweetteacher123
    Options
    You want to make sure to work all of the different muscles and muscle groups, not overwork one and neglect another. You should try to look up some free weight workouts online or in some workout books, like Body for LIfe or some place like that. Also, every 6-8 weeks you would want to change up your weight workouts and do different weight training exercises. Hope this helps you.
  • malaki
    malaki Posts: 5
    Options
    keep it simple. Concentrate on major muscle groups. Six fat burner excercises are; Squats for thighs and lower back, Shoulder press, Bench press for chest, Lat pull down for upper back, Bent over row for back, deadlift for back. Those cover the major groups and are all you really need. These exercises will work just about all the big muscles and these muscles are the ones that will use up the most oxygen and therefore raise your metabolism and burn more calories. Do plenty of cardio and you wont get extra big either