Alli?

Options
Does that Alli diet really work? I am thinking about buying it.

Replies

• KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    good question I was wondering that too. I've heard the side effects if you don't follow it are not so great.
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have heard a lot of great success stories from it... just be cautous of the side effects (some aren't so pleasant from what I'm told)
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Never tried it, but I have tried Slimquick...that's how I lost the first 28 lbs in 08. Getting back on it this year so I can reach my goal, now that I know I can maintain without it.
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I tried Alli when it first came out and it really worked for me and jump started my weight loss. I didn't have any of the negative side effects that are possible while taking Alli. If you follow the instructions of not consuming more than 15 grams of fat in a meal then you will not have any side effects whatsoever! Those who did ate too much fat and their bodies had to dispose of it because Alli stops the body from absorbing the extra fat. Go to the website, it has a lot of great info and will help you understand exactly what Alli does. I personally think it is great.
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    I'm taking it now. I started it after the first of the year and I like it. I have had no side effects and it helpes me make the right choices on lower fat foods. I actually only take it whenever I have a meal that has more than 9grams of fat and I'm getting to the point where I forget to take it but still make the right choices. I've lost 10.5 pounds so far and I think its great!! Hope this helps
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Haven't tried it because the side effects sound a little scarry. But from what I've read the siide effects are usually not an issue if you stick to the fat guidelines. I just worry I would mess up, that's how I got here in the first place! Hope it works if you decide to try it.

http://weight-loss.emedtv.com/alli/alli-side-effects.html
  • bambi5014
    Options
    A friend of mine is taking Alli and she said it does not work for her. She did not recommend it at all. She said she didn't experience any side effects, nor did she see any difference in what she was already losing with diet and exercise.
  • caspercrix
    Options
    I've been taking it since Monday and have lost 5.1lbs so far. I think it is great, no bad side effects but I also am very careful about how much fat I consume. As long as you follow the guidelines you should be fine. Good luck!!
  • gthing1978
    gthing1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love Alli! I have tried just about every diet under the sun and Alli is my favorite. I lost about 20 pounds on it last year (have since regained 8- after a major free-for-all all-you-can-eat buffet from Halloween-New Years). It is easy to avoid the side effects (treatment effects) if you follow the fat guidelines. The only time I ever had a problem with TEs is the second time I went on it I did not do a week of the lower fat diet prior to starting the pills. Oops... It wasn't too bad but still bad enough to make me want to be very careful about my fat intake! But I think it is that extra deterent coupled with the extra boost of weightloss you get to reward you for your efforts that makes Alli work for me. I am happy to answer any questions anyone may have about it! And no, I do not work for them! Just a satisfied customer!