What store does a fit test for shoes?

Options
ladyark
ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
I am not a huge runner. Mostly i walk with jogging intervals. I think that my gait is the reason my knees hurt when i run and occasionally do alot of walking. I'd like to find a store that puts you on a treadmill or some other test to find the shoe that is best for me. I tend to use the same shoe for strength training and Zumba .

I am in Florida and have heard of these stores but, just dont know the name of any. Your help would be appreciated....thanks :)

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I don't know what is in Floriday, but look for a store that specializes in foot sports - running, tennis, walking, etc. They usually know which shoe you need and will not just be trying to sell the most expensive shoe.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    PS - I got my Zumba dance sneakers at Capezios.
  • bmcconn19
    Options
    My husband went to Fleet Feet and it looks like they have some locations in Florida. He needed two different shoe sizes and they were able to order them for him. It wasn't really that much more expensive than any other place for shoes. Good luck.
  • MsBobLoblaw
    MsBobLoblaw Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My husband went to Fleet Feet and it looks like they have some locations in Florida. He needed two different shoe sizes and they were able to order them for him. It wasn't really that much more expensive than any other place for shoes. Good luck.

I second Fleet Feet. My store is in CA and they are amazing. I've never heard a bad word about any Fleet Feet store anywhere.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Fleet Feet! I've used them in several states and have never been disappointed.

When I lived in Atlanta, Phidippides was also excellent. Pretty sure that's a local outfit though, not national.
  • hlinn01
    hlinn01 Posts: 36
    Options
    I like a store called Scheel's, in Wisconsin. They will ask you what it is you intend to use the shoes for. They ask if you have any feet issues. They measure your feet. They get you more than one size and width and stick around long enough for you to find exactly what you are looking for.
  • ladyark
    Options
    Thank you for the help. I will check into Fleet Feet. I think we may have one about an hour away or so. Worth the drive im sure.
  • ladyark
    Options
    PS - I got my Zumba dance sneakers at Capezios.

Thank i will look into this too. I dont like the traction my regular aisics have while doing Zumba. I was thinking of trying volleyball shoes since they are a court shoe.