The number of calories I can eat a day seems a bit low

Options
124»

Replies

• greenthickies
    Options
    OH MY!!! greenthickies... I just looked at today.... WHERE is your protein???? only 42g of protein for the whole day AND you are breastfeeding and working out???? That does not sound healthy for you OR baby!!!
    I know everyone is concerned about so much protein but I believe we get all the protein we need in healthy foods and don't believe I have to add in more protein to my diet. I've never felt better in my life and my baby is very healthy, an average weight and never been ill. I read a great book that changed my whole way of thinking about protein. Thank you so much for your help though.
  • greenthickies
    Options
    if your calories count is 1200 and you are eating 2214 calories thats fine but you got to burn 1014 calories and you will be fine! your body will get used to eating health! got to remember not to starve yourself because then your body goes into starvation mode where its starts storing your food, same goes with water!!
    I guess I must be burning off much more than I realise as for the last year my weight has slowly gone down never up. There's no danger of me starving, I like my food too much!
  • greenthickies
    Options
    OH MY!!! greenthickies... I just looked at today.... WHERE is your protein???? only 42g of protein for the whole day AND you are breastfeeding and working out???? That does not sound healthy for you OR baby!!!
    Your protein intakes seem to be very similar to mine when I had a look at your diary. Some days a lot lower? I'm a bit confused.
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    <snip>

I usually use chronometer to calculate the calories of my green smoothies. The calories on my website are accurate and one serving would usually fill me up but I know I eat more calories than most people as I'm still breastfeeding.

<snip>
    I'm sorry, but I don't believe the calories on your website are accurate. In fact, I know they aren't. Aside from the example rotill gave, I just picked a recipe at random. Your very official nutritional information (really bothers me that is IS so official looking, therefore garnering faith in the accuracy) says 305 calories per serving for the peaches and cream. The 1/2 cup of coconut milk alone is over 200 calories. Then you add a peach and an apple, among other things. No way that is accurate information. :sad:
    The Peaches and Cream recipe is for 2 servings, so you would only eat half of the ingredients listed. It tells you how many servings it is for at the top of the recipe. The recipe calories are based on coconut meat. I simply suggested an alternative is coconut milk but I calculated the calories on coconut meat.
    These calories are accurate based on Cronometer information.
    Yes, I did realize it was 2 servings, which is why I said 1/2 cup coconut milk. Perhaps a little note of exactly what ingredients the nutritional information is based on using would be helpful.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is concerned about so much protein but I believe we get all the protein we need in healthy foods and don't believe I have to add in more protein to my diet. I've never felt better in my life and my baby is very healthy, an average weight and never been ill. I read a great book that changed my whole way of thinking about protein. Thank you so much for your help though.

You believe we get all the protein we need in healthy foods, except, you have to actually eat enough of the right healthy foods to get it. If you continue to eat a primarily fruit and veggie based diet, high in carbs, low in protein, you will get what people around here call "skinny fat": thin, but no muscle tone, and I don't think that's what you want. If you decide to increase your strength training in order to shape your body, you will need that protein even more to build muscle.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    oops, double posted.
  • greenthickies
    Options
    <snip>

I usually use chronometer to calculate the calories of my green smoothies. The calories on my website are accurate and one serving would usually fill me up but I know I eat more calories than most people as I'm still breastfeeding.

<snip>
    I'm sorry, but I don't believe the calories on your website are accurate. In fact, I know they aren't. Aside from the example rotill gave, I just picked a recipe at random. Your very official nutritional information (really bothers me that is IS so official looking, therefore garnering faith in the accuracy) says 305 calories per serving for the peaches and cream. The 1/2 cup of coconut milk alone is over 200 calories. Then you add a peach and an apple, among other things. No way that is accurate information. :sad:
    The Peaches and Cream recipe is for 2 servings, so you would only eat half of the ingredients listed. It tells you how many servings it is for at the top of the recipe. The recipe calories are based on coconut meat. I simply suggested an alternative is coconut milk but I calculated the calories on coconut meat.
    These calories are accurate based on Cronometer information.
    Yes, I did realize it was 2 servings, which is why I said 1/2 cup coconut milk. Perhaps a little note of exactly what ingredients the nutritional information is based on using would be helpful.
    As with most recipes the nutritional information is based on 1 serving and on the ingredients listed not on substitutes or optional extras, but I do take your point, I could make this more clear and I will on future recipes. My intention is only to help people, not to provide inaccurate information which there is no point in doing. I do welcome constructive criticism and I take all feedback very seriously.
  • greenthickies
    Options

You believe we get all the protein we need in healthy foods, except, you have to actually eat enough of the right healthy foods to get it. If you continue to eat a primarily fruit and veggie based diet, high in carbs, low in protein, you will get what people around here call "skinny fat": thin, but no muscle tone, and I don't think that's what you want. If you decide to increase your strength training in order to shape your body, you will need that protein even more to build muscle.
    I have managed to shape my body with a strength training program only eating a raw foods fruit and veggie based diet previously so I know I can do it again. I am seeing more tone just on the little exercise I already do. I accept that this is not a common viewpoint though and we could argue this point until we're blue in the face but I don't think we'd convince each other, anyway, that's probably a whole new forum topic. Thanks so much for your help though, I appreciate your time.