Sensa.

Options
Has anyone on here tried the Sensa thing? My dad got it a bit ago and stopped using it., I figured I would give it a try. Anyone have any good/bad luck with it?

Replies

• kxblack
    kxblack Posts: 18
    Options
    how did it work for him why did he stop ?
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I don't see what use it is, if a person is already using this site and counting calories, eating healthy food. Any of those diet gimmicks seem to be a waste of money, IMO.
  • Absref71
    Absref71 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    "Hirsch may well be on to something. His work focuses on the hypothalamus, a region of the brain known to be associated with satiety, and if Sensa can indeed hit that neural bull's-eye, it could be powerful stuff — and will probably give rise to a lot of similar products. But there's reason to be skeptical. For starters, Hirsch's paper has not yet been peer-reviewed or published. What's more, he admits that he has not followed up with his subjects in the three years since he completed the trial to find out if they have kept the weight off. As anyone who has ever dieted knows, it's not losing the pounds that's hard — it's keeping them lost. Finally, Sensa costs $59 for a one-month supply."

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1703763_1703764_1818214,00.html #ixzz24gdP0JGV

Times magazine on the sensa website. Just having a quick look, id wait till they have a few long term side effect studies
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Or you could just eat at a reasonable calorie deficit and maybe do some exercise.........
  • Tikigoddess
    Options
    My dad said it seemed to be working, but he just kept forgetting to use it and stopped all together after about a month or so.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Meh. Waste of time and money.
  • Tikigoddess
    Options
    Or you could just eat at a reasonable calorie deficit and maybe do some exercise.........

I am doing that. I was just wondering if anyone had any success with that. Seeing as i have a 6month supply of it for free. I did a bit of research on it but like Absref71 said, Would be better if they had a long term side effect study somewhere.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I have watched this infomercial about 20 times since I started working out at the gym at 5:30am. I would be surprised if you didn't have to follow a diet and exercise plan on it. Okay, I went to the Sensa website. You know how you have the real users, real results on the front page. Look at the tiny print. For Gaylene, she lost 62 pounds and used Sensa for 18 months with a sensible diet. That's 3.4 pounds average per month. To me, those are reasonable results if a person ate a sensible diet with no exercise. Tim lost 67 pounds in 9 months using Sensa and exercise. That's 7.4 pounds a month. Tim's quote stated that Sensa gave him the ability to control his appetite and eat less. However, if a person ate less than they normally did and exercised than 7.4 pounds lost per month average would be a reasonable amount of weight to lose. They claim this stuff works by using your sense of smell and tricking your brain into thinking you are full. I think it is like giving someone who has a headache a sugar pill and telling them it is an advil. The headache goes away because they think they are taking headache medicine. It's a placebo.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    Say no thank you to Sensa.

Learning how to take care of yourself is important, there really are no short cuts.

Change your diet around, include whole foods like grains, legumes, fruit and vegetable. Add in a little activity here and there like water aerobics, walking, or resistance bands.
  • oomphgirl13
    oomphgirl13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree with this video... Sensa is fairy dust...

http://youtu.be/IcBzVuOSDGc
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I tried it because my mom bought it and it is junk and doesn't work.......
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Unless Sensa are little parasites that eat away at your fat cells, I'm guessing it doesn't work. :laugh:
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    31189090.jpg
  • hampfowl
    Options
    didn't do a thing for me.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Do you honesty think that weight loss can be achieved by simply sprinkling magic dust onto your food?
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    In my best english-italian accent:

"Sensa makes no sense-a!!!" (teeeheheehehe)

On a serious note, this stuff is junk. Google the reviews on Amazon.com. A majority of them are bad reviews. Even if there are good reviews, I don't trust them and if it did work it was probably just a mind thing. The people who used it probably combined it with healthier eating and exercise and thought "it must be the fairy dust!"

Sure, try sprinkling it on since its free and you want to try it. But honestly, you will see just as good results with out it... :)