anyone use Wii fit?

Options
i am debating alternating my running with some Wii fit workouts. has/does anyone here use it? advice? thoughts?

thanks!!

Replies

• MrsHarris6
    MrsHarris6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I usually do Zumba 2 on the Wii Fit and can easily burn 1000 calories or more in just an hour. It's an awesome workout! I have other games such as Exerbeat, EA Active 2, Wii Fit Plus and a few others that get me going and provide an intense workout. I hope you get more responses so that you can make a good decision. Ultimately, I'd suggest it 110%!
  • mournemaid
    mournemaid Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I run and walk on my treadmill and go on the Wii fit and it is awesome! I cannot see why this would not work, especially as before this month I did 0 activity xx Good Luck!
  • NinjaChickie
    NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a few years. I started out doing the yoga workouts, but now I just use it as a weighing scale.

one thing that bugs me is that it uses the BMI system to tell you if you are Under / Over weight or Obese, which is great if you're sedentary, which i'm not. So I swear at it a lot when it tells me I'm obese.
  • BeeH79
    BeeH79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use it! It did sit and gather dust for a while, but now I am using it 3-5 times a week. Wii fit plus is my most used, but I also use Zumba and my daughter and I regularly have dance offs with the Just Dance series. You get out what you put in. It is easy to cheat the system so your calorie burning is higher, but that's just no fun!

Enjoy xXx
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love it for the wet rainy days that I don't want to go out side. I do the island biking because they let you explore. It a great starting point, and a way to keep things fresh.
  • furby1
    furby1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I use it most days......its a fun way of exercising, I use the wii sports and do tennis, baseball and boxing and i love using the wii step and wii run...will be getting the zumba next week.
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I use Wii Fit a little. As someone else said, I wasn't really purposefully doing ANY exercise before. As I see it, anything that gets me up and moving muscles is burning calories and making a contribution to retaining muscle tissue. If I pick the right activities and or do them long enough it definitely raises my heart rate and makes me sweat, so it's clear I'm exerting and that it's a benefit. We also have Wii Active and Wii Sports Resort, so I still have a variety of things to try that will move the body. I've also thought about trying a Wii based Zumba and my teenage daughter wants to get one of the Dance Dance Revolution games. Again, if it keeps me moving.... I do most of my cardio exercise outdoors walking and riding my bike currently. I worry about winter coming and making my outdoor gym unusable or even unsafe when things are icy, so I'm definitely considering looking for more video led exercise and Wii led exercise options. The great thing about my Wii is that it's right there and easy enough to set up that I'll pick it when I'm pressed for time to squeeze in a little exercise.

One other Wii thought... there is a product out there designed to securely hold the Wii Balance Board in a raised base that ads about 5 or 6 inches to the height to increase the energy expenditure of some of the activities. My husband bought it for me, so I don't know the name of the maker nor vendor, but I believe he found it at least initially on Amazon.
  • BleauBlayzes
    Options
    I love my WII Fit. Boxing and Kung Fu are my favorite followed closely by the step and marching. I try to switch between that and my treadmill so I don't get bored. Now if I could just figure out a way to use them without making noise that would wake up my husband I'd be set!
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I used to. My kids have lost the feet to the board and we have deep carpet. I like to rotate things around so I don't get bored.
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    I use it and love it! I especially love using it when it's too hot to be outside or it's raining, etc. And the kids even like using it! I also like getting games etc for it.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    i am debating alternating my running with some Wii fit workouts. has/does anyone here use it? advice? thoughts?

thanks!!

I used the wii 'golds gym' cardio workout and my weight literally disappeared overnight.

you dont need to use that stupid balance board, either.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I use my wii fit all the time, I love it! If you do the Wii Fit Plus Routines you do a bunch of activities in a row, which I like. It can be a great workout!!!
  • wnt2beme
    wnt2beme Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wii fit has Zumba of is that a seprate game ? I use mine to weigh in and do the biggest looser games.
  • RetroSnowflake
    Options
    I use it sometimes. But I would recommend "My Fitness Coach: Get in Shape" for the Wii. It's an amazing game, it's really helped me.
  • funmonk
    funmonk Posts: 20
    Options
    Still using my Wii fit plus. Have lost 25 lbs, and my legs are in the best shape they ever have been. Also I've went from a size 14 to an 8. So, yes it works
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Hmm, all I have is what came with the Wii fit and I HATE it (It was given to me). Maybe I should try some of these other games.
    Bumping to refer back to.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Wii fit has Zumba of is that a seprate game ? I use mine to weigh in and do the biggest looser games.

The Wii Fit is the board. The others are games you play on the Wii
  • AGreen54
    AGreen54 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I used to use wii fit all the time last year but now I've stopped. I think my weight on it is inaccurate because it said my BMI is 18.27 but I think it's lower than that.
  • shm1289
    shm1289 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I use my Wii all the time to work out. My favorites are the Biggest Loser, Just Dance, Gold Gym's Dance Workout, Zumba, and Your Shape. I like the Wii fit but most of the games I like have a very low calorie burn so I save it for my "rest day".