We have Tried them all... List your Best Fit Finds

I Have tired 10 diffrent headphones looking for a pair that wont fall and sound amazing.
I wasted money on some yucky protein shakes
I have downloaded some really lame apps that didnt work as they claimed

But I Have also found some good stuff
Lean Shakes are pretty tastey
I love Insanity and C25K does really work
I love my ipod and I am thinking of getting Nike + Ipod if you have it tell me how you like it

Share your fav fit finds and also tell me what to avoid

Replies

• SouthernSkylark
    SouthernSkylark Posts: 128 Member
    my garmin 305 with hrm and footpod - it has transformed my running/training

MFP! no explanation necessary lol

mapmyrun & strava for planning runs and logging runs

honey and peanut butter booster bars.... homemade perfect for during and after training

pinterest for the motivational fitness stuff

uuummm I'm sure there's more but thatis what springs to mind straight away
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    I thought more people would want to share
  • swarla
    swarla Posts: 105 Member
    I use Nike+ and I really like it. I have used it for a few years and I find that it is accurate and a great way to track my progress. I think it's a good option if you're not willing or unable to spend a few hundred bucks on a Garmin (which I desperately want but am on a budget =( )
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Daily teaspoon of Cinnamon. It boosts the metabolism 20 fold.
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    I thought more people would want to share

You can just say "bumping my own thread"; we understand.
  • arizonaladybug
    arizonaladybug Posts: 91 Member
    Doing cardio on an empty stomach
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    I love Nike+ as well! It's really motivational and I love the feedback on your time, etc...
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Best workout DVD :: Turbo Fire
    Okay :: 30day shred; p90x

Tips:: Weigh / measure / track you food

I dont know about the bad yet:: except to eat a little before a workout or else I'll have not enough energy.. But dont eat too much b/c you'll prob. puke :wink:
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Barbell training, conditioning, rest, balanced diet.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    MFP obviously.
    PB2, in recipes is yummy
    Quinoa, I had never made this before. Its very filling and tasty. I've only made it once so far but we had a really good Veg salad.

I know there are alot more but now I'm drawing a blank
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    FitBit
    Polar HRM
    Dr. John McDougall's books, and his & wife Mary McDougall's cookbooks
    Dr. Neil Barnard's books & recipes
    My trainer/physical therapist
    Euflexxa for my bone-on-bone knee
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Skull candy earbuds are amazing.

sabra supremely spicy hummus is not spicy.

Nike pro combat shorts are awesome.

Body fortress vanilla protein powder helps make a mean chai tea latte.

Boiled eggs are better when eaten with a babybel wheel.

BSN cinnamon roll protein powder and caramel latte are worth the money

NO explode was great. NO explode2 sucks.

Jack3d is okay.

Glucosamine+chondroitin helps chronic tennis elbow SO MUCH... but can act as a blood thinner.

Blender bottles work. period.

PowerPak pudding baked in a pie crust with cool whip on top= 20 minute chocolate turnover.
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Those little eggie things that you are supposed to use to make shell-free boiled eggs - horrible waste of time and money. I bought them because my kid thought they were cute.

My new favorite toy is a Sabatier slicer I bought at Sam's club. It comes with different inserts, apple core/slicer, french fry, and regular slices. I love it for home made fries (baked not fried), and I can prepare a bunch of veggie slices for the whole week.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Ohohoh!

My ceramic clay ice and heat pad from walgreens!

V8 fusion + energy

my sharper image juicer
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Items I've wasted my money on:

*Exercise videos. I don't actually do the exercises. Besides, there are a ton of exercise videos available for free on YouTube and Hulu.com.
    *Protein shakes and bars. I've found some nasty tasting ones in the past that went into the garbage eventually.
    *Diet and fitness magazine subscriptions. They just made me feel bad about myself after looking at all the perfect 18 year old models that are featured.
    *Weight loss supplements. With the possible exception of HydroxyCuts back in the 1990's when it still contained ephedrine, none of those supplements did anything. I'm sure I did some damage to my system thanks to HydroxyCuts. Around the gym it was know as "legal crack."
    *Status Health Club membership. Yeah, I signed up for the $250 a month hoity-toity health and fitness club. You know the kind, usually attached to a golf course, have a day care center, multiple Jacuzzis and racquetball courts and a day spa. I'd use the weight room, and then go home. What a waste of money.

My Best fitness investments/finds:

*MyFitnessPal (duh!)-- especially the mobile app. I'm never without information about my program and can easily stay on track.
    *Kettlebells. They are expensive, but boy-oh-boy do they get the job done! Totally worth the investment!
    *Old Navy fitness clothing. Good quality, reasonable prices. Stands up well to regular use and machine washing/drying.
    *My bicycle. It cost me $600 up front, plus another $300 for accessories (helmet, lights, new saddle, luggage rack and panniers), however, I also sold an old gas guzzling pick-up truck and use the bike for local commuting and errands. I was putting $600 A MONTH in fuel into the truck. Now I share a Toyota Corolla with my husband and we have more expendable income to spend on things like organic foods.
    *Eatingwell.com-- Lots of great low calorie recipes. Some are pretty advanced as far as cooking technique goes, but they also have a large selection of quick weeknight meals and the like.
    *Reasonably priced personal trainers. If you can find someone for $25-30 an hour, they can impart some pretty good information about how to use weight room equipment, as well as helping you mix up your routine when you hit a plateau. I've spent $125+ an hour for elite trainers, and it really felt like a waste of both of our time. I'm not an elite athlete, so I didn't need an elite trainer.

Edited to add:

*My blender! Smoothies are the best when trying to eat healthier.
    *Endomondo mobile app. I paid $1 for the app on sale, but I use it nearly every day, and love to see my training history. It's made mostly for outdoor enthusiasts, so it isn't for everyone.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    ok I am going to have to get the nike + I for got about my juicer yes it does come in handy
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    I hated protein bars until i found think thin.
    doesnt taste like chocolate cardboard.
  • cuteazz1
    cuteazz1 Posts: 37
    Distilled water,Jillian Michaels workouts,Zumba and Cooking my meals ahead of time.
  • careyannal
    careyannal Posts: 161

I love my ipod and I am thinking of getting Nike + Ipod if you have it tell me how you like it

Share your fav fit finds and also tell me what to avoid

I love the Nike+ Running app for my ipod. My shoes are Nikes and they have a built in place for the sensor to fit.

I recommend it!
  • What Really Works:

1. a cup of green tea a day. (reduces appetite, keeps me "regular", and gives a mild caffeine boost for exercising
    2. Workout Clothes from TARGET--they fit nicely, comfy, and hold my jiggly tummy still.
    3. Mixing in a couple (2) higher fat days a week (like calorie confusion, but more simple)
    4. MUSCLE MILK LIGHT !!! Lots of protein and makes me full
    5. Using Truvia and Crystal Light mixes makes dieting Bearable.