Replies

• totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • buffyangel2000
    buffyangel2000 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit as well as The biggest loser, love the biggest loser my legs look much thinner. I also have the xbox kinect ans boy does that work up a sweat and gets my heart rate up. I use the Wii Balance Board as my scale.
  • myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I used the wii 'golds gym' cardio workout and my weight literally disappeared overnight.

you dont need to use that stupid balance board, either.
    [/quote]

I was thinking of buying that one, so I am glad you said that:-)
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I like the wii fit and also ea sports active on the wii.
    You can burn off loads of calories whilst enjoying it too x
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I use Wii Fit a little. As someone else said, I wasn't really purposefully doing ANY exercise before. As I see it, anything that gets me up and moving muscles is burning calories and making a contribution to retaining muscle tissue. If I pick the right activities and or do them long enough it definitely raises my heart rate and makes me sweat, so it's clear I'm exerting and that it's a benefit. We also have Wii Active and Wii Sports Resort, so I still have a variety of things to try that will move the body. I've also thought about trying a Wii based Zumba and my teenage daughter wants to get one of the Dance Dance Revolution games. Again, if it keeps me moving.... I do most of my cardio exercise outdoors walking and riding my bike currently. I worry about winter coming and making my outdoor gym unusable or even unsafe when things are icy, so I'm definitely considering looking for more video led exercise and Wii led exercise options. The great thing about my Wii is that it's right there and easy enough to set up that I'll pick it when I'm pressed for time to squeeze in a little exercise.

One other Wii thought... there is a product out there designed to securely hold the Wii Balance Board in a raised base that ads about 5 or 6 inches to the height to increase the energy expenditure of some of the activities. My husband bought it for me, so I don't know the name of the maker nor vendor, but I believe he found it at least initially on Amazon.

Love the raised base idea!
  • dbodinski
    dbodinski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't use the Wii but I have recently purchased Kinect for my x-box and have been doing Zumba and other "sports" games, it is fun and I sweat and burn calories. So if the Wii is similar it should be a good full body work out.
  • birdies13
    birdies13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Still using my Wii fit plus. Have lost 25 lbs, and my legs are in the best shape they ever have been. Also I've went from a size 14 to an 8. So, yes it works
  • kdblaylock
    Options
    I love my Wii..l.use Wii fit plus, the sports and sports resorts. Also have all the Just Dance games and they are fun to "play" alone or on our family "game night". I also have a game called Walk It Out. It was not very popular but I found it on Amazon and love it. You have to walk in place in order to the music and that makes we "walk faster" than if I went outside. The musis ranges from Black Eyed Peas, Go-Gos and some game specific music. As you walk you get points and build an island with the the points you get. I've never been one to go out and exercise or a gamer but the combination of both work for me. Last year I lost 42 pounds just using the wii as my exercise for 4 months. I stopped doing much after the four months but luckily I did not gain any of the weight back, just did not do anything to lose more. Today I "walked" for one hour and according to the game I burned 602 calories. You have to put in your personal information so I think the calorie count is pretty accurate -- I can tell you I was sweating my butt off.