In serious need of a support network!!

Options
I'm 21 years old, and have over 100 lbs to lose. I've tried losing the weight before, but found it incredibly difficult to do because I just don't have the kind of support someone needs when trying to face down such a big challenge.

Anyone willing to help me out, kick my butt into gear, motivate me will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks! (:

Replies

• carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Motivation.....most people on MFP are motivated. I feel it's like a light switch. One day you realize that you have to get off your *kitten* and turn it on yourself. You need to be responsible for yourself first...and then we are all here to help you with encouragement, advice and understanding. I'm a little older than you......by about 34 years ;-) but I don't consider myself old; just a little more subdued than I once was. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. On my most recent MFP journey, I've lost 17lbs (been active since the end of June 2012. Also, I just measured myself and have lost a total of 14" (chest, waist, hips, thighs, and neck measurements) from where I measured in April 2012. So, it's not all about dropping the pounds, which will happen, but it's about noticing your clothes getting looser and your smaller sizes working their way back into your closet.

It will happen....just don't get impatient along the way. It's one day and one pound at time. Enjoy the journey...your among friends!
  • HSam0828
    HSam0828 Posts: 12
    Options
    It can be really daunting at first, but it seems more doable in a group! I've got about 80lbs to go, so we'll do it together :D