Sit-Up, Squat, & Dip Challenge - CLOSED GROUP

Options
12346»

Replies

• kristapennie
    kristapennie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2

Dips 15 (I can't seem to get past 15...!)
    Sit Ups 60
    Squats 23

And I ran over 2.5 miles....oye!
  • ArtemisXXII
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2

Sit Ups 60
    Squats 23

I still have to do Day 2 today since yesterday got entirely away from me. But after week 2 I couldn't do more than 15 Dips in the progress test. So I'm doing week 2 again for my dips but in the last column now. Those first 18 Dips I had to do Monday was torture, but >15 will come just keep working on it. If you have to repeat a week. It was infinitely easier to repeat week 2 than to push myself to do week 3 when my upper body strength couldn't cut it. And I'm so jealous that you can run >2.5 miles. I'm still trying to convince myself to start C25K.
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    Hi, all!! I haven't forgotten about you - I've just had a very busy work week. I will calculate and post rankings tomorrow :)
  • kristapennie
    Options
    Week 3 Day 3

Dips 22, Sit Ups 80, Squats 25

Waist 38 1/2
    Hips 44 1/4
    Thigh 26 1/2
    Upper Arm 14
    Calf 15 1/2

Plus 3 laps at the track - no stopping!
    It was awesome working out outside! Beautiful day...tuned in to my ipod...sweat towel...I felt like Rocky! Lol

I'm spent!
  • kristapennie
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2

Sit Ups 60
    Squats 23

I still have to do Day 2 today since yesterday got entirely away from me. But after week 2 I couldn't do more than 15 Dips in the progress test. So I'm doing week 2 again for my dips but in the last column now. Those first 18 Dips I had to do Monday was torture, but >15 will come just keep working on it. If you have to repeat a week. It was infinitely easier to repeat week 2 than to push myself to do week 3 when my upper body strength couldn't cut it. And I'm so jealous that you can run >2.5 miles. I'm still trying to convince myself to start C25K.

You should so give it a go! Trust me it's taken me a long time to get to it. I started with C25K and I was a smoker at the time, never made it past the second week of intervals. I ended up getting a gym membership and applied the intervals method while on the treadmill. Then I quit smoking and now it's becoming easier each time!
    Trick is to GO SLOW...even if you're jogging at a snails pace and people could walk faster than you...GO SLOW...

Best of Luck!
  • yes_i_can
    Options
    Here are the results for those that posted last week. I know it was a crazy one for a lot of us, so don't worry if you missed this one - just send me your new one and I'll add you back on the active Please don't worry about your place too much - that's just for motivation for the competitive ones. ;) Just remember that AT LEAST YOU'RE DOING IT!!

1 - MztRii
    2 - Pr2719
    3 - ArtemisXXII
    4 - chicksnbunnie
    5 - onyxgirl17
    6 - froeschli
    7 - Sbehlmer
    8 - mwoodee
    9 - yes_i_can
    10 - kristapennie
    11 - gatorento

Hope everyone is still enjoying it. Are you all still felling sore the next day for this or are your bodies adapting? Personally, I'm feeling great about it!
  • ArtemisXXII
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2

Sit Ups 60
    Squats 23

You should so give it a go! Trust me it's taken me a long time to get to it. I started with C25K and I was a smoker at the time, never made it past the second week of intervals. I ended up getting a gym membership and applied the intervals method while on the treadmill. Then I quit smoking and now it's becoming easier each time!
    Trick is to GO SLOW...even if you're jogging at a snails pace and people could walk faster than you...GO SLOW...

Best of Luck!

I think the biggest part for me is getting on that track and no being alone as I start. I want to do it, I want to be able to run and not hear my high school PE teacher degrading me in the back of my mind. I guess I just haven't reached the point yet where I'm able to put that aside and just do it. And a gym membership is out of the question right now. I'm going to look into what's available at campus since it's free to use with all the fees I pay in my tuition. So that's something too.

yes_i_can, sometimes I do still wake up sore, but for the most part I don't even really feel sore a half hour after I finish. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but I always feel great when I finish so that's something.
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I still feel sore after, but, that's because I really push myself with these. These are also being done in addition to the workouts I do 6 days a week. The good thing is that I've definitely noticed a change and have dropped a dress size.
  • kristapennie
    Options
    Wk 4 Day 1

Dips 20, Sit Ups 75, Squats 25

Gotta up my game! No change means I gotta push harder...

I changed my column, which i may realllllly regret come friday!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 3

Sit-ups: 65
    Squats: 55
    Dips: 28

Measurements:
    Arms: 11.25
    Chest: 36
    Waist: 28.5
    Hips: 40
    Thighs: 24.5
    Calves: 13.75
  • yes_i_can
    Options
    Week 3 Day 2

Sit Ups 60
    Squats 23

Best of Luck!

I think the biggest part for me is getting on that track and no being alone as I start. I want to do it, I want to be able to run and not hear my high school PE teacher degrading me in the back of my mind. I guess I just haven't reached the point yet where I'm able to put that aside and just do it. And a gym membership is out of the question right now. I'm going to look into what's available at campus since it's free to use with all the fees I pay in my tuition. So that's something too.

yes_i_can, sometimes I do still wake up sore, but for the most part I don't even really feel sore a half hour after I finish. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but I always feel great when I finish so that's something.

I did C25K about a year and a half ago and LOVED it! I ran 3 5K races after that but, unfortunately, fell out of the habit. I'm back at it as of tomorrow though, and this time with a treadmill so there are no excuses about the heat/cold/rain/humidity/etc.! I'm really excited to be starting it up again, and am here as a C25K veteran if you need any advice :)
  • kristapennie
    Options
    Week 4 Day 2

Dips 25! F***k Yeah!
    Sit Ups 50 - (didn't want to over do it as I planning on running the track after and last time my abs were killer!)
    Squats 25

4 Laps of the track - continuous jog, no walking and with a brief 1/4 sprint

would have went for 5 but it was pretty dark!
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Week 4!

Initial : Situps 30 Squats 37 Dips 12
    Week 1 : Situps 34 Squats 25 Dips 27
    Week 2 : Situps 160! Squats 77!! Dips 30
    Week 3 : Situps 108 Squats 150 Dips 40
    Week 4 : Situps 137 Squats 171 Dips 62

Initial measurements : Waist : 38.5 Hips : 42 Arm 11.5 Thigh : 24 Calf : 14.5
    Week 1 : Waist 37 Hips 41.5 Arm 11.25 Thigh 23 Calf 14.5
    Week 2 : Waist 37.5 Hips 42 Arm 11.5 Thigh 23 Calf 14.5
    Week 3 : Waist 37 Hips 42 Arm 11.5 Thigh 22.25 Calf 14.25
    Week 4 : Waist 36 Hips 41.25 Arm 11 Thigh 21.5 Calf 14.5

I too workout 6 days a week with P90x and cardio alternating days. Nothing to it but to do it!
  • yes_i_can
    Options
    It seems we're losing people as the weeks go on, but I appreciate all the work everyone is putting in to stick with it!! Rankings as of Aug 26 are:

MztRii
    baturtle
    yes_i_can
    mwoodee
    onyxgirl17
    kristapennie

Only 3 more reports to go - we can do this!!!
  • kristapennie
    Options
    Week 4 Day 3

I'm still hanging in even if I'm in last place...

Dips 33, SitUps 100, Squats 40
    I don't know how to make that smiley where the eyes bug out in shock...so just imagine it!

Waist: 37.5
    Hips 43.25
    Thighs 25.5
    Calf 14.75
    Upper Arm 14.25

6 laps of the track! (jogging though...about 5min40sec per lap! bugeyes!)

Some improvement in my measurements!!! And I feel great...that's what this is all about!!

Only 2 more weeks people...stick with it!
  • ArtemisXXII
    Options
    I'm still here guys. I didn't check in last week because of vacation and a return to school. I'm still doing it but my dates are a little fudged right now so I think I'm actually a little behind. I have an application deadline coming up for my program of study so I'm putting a lot of effort into that right now. But I am trying to keep up with doing the challenge. I finished week 3 after deadline and will end up doing the same with week four and then I might skip a rest day and jump right into week five to get back in sync with all of you. So I'm going to be massively sore this week. Oh well I'll feel great afterwards and I'll pour myself a huge glass of water to celebrate. :)

I'm going to try an get my butt down to the track tonight to start c25k or at least walk and break in the new sneakers I plan on getting today anyway. You guys are doing awesome I'm sort of jealous. yes_i_can I'm going to message you my measurements in a minute since I finally had time to take them this morning.

And my week 3 results were:
    dips: 25, squats: 29, sit ups: 32

I think my dips will be the same when I finish week four since I repeated week 2 for week 3. Whatever. I should have week 4 done by tomorrow.
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My week 5 will be in late (Sunday at the latest)..hope that's ok. I'm ready to finish!
  • yes_i_can
    Options
    Getting awfully quiet around here - how's everyone doing???
  • kristapennie
    Options
    Week 5 Day 3
    which should really be day 1 seen as i had a very bad week...i'm gonna do week 6 twice to make up for it

dips 27
    sit ups 90
    squats 36

doing day 3 without working up to it with day 1 and day 2 reps really sucked, i guess its my punishment for not sticking to the plan

waist 37
    hips 43
    thigh 26.75
    calf 15
    upper arm 14
  • yes_i_can
    Options
    Last day!! Anybody left???