Protein?40/30/30 Help!!!

Options
Net132
Net132 Posts: 174 Member
I'm am a 252lb 32 years. I started on MFP in 2010 I lost over 50lb. Last November I had a baby and gained back 20lb. I have not been able to lose any weight ( or inches or body fat i check them all)since I had my baby.
For the last 2 weeks or so I have been really trying to stick to a plan no matter lose or not! I had my calories set at 1743 on a 40/30/30 plan and just need better ideas for protein. I feel like all I do all day is eat carbs and protein. It just seam like so much. I know I have to eat to fuel my body( and I am still nursing so my calories can't be any lower). I am just sick of eating a can of tuna and a lb of chicken to meet my macros. I'm am still struggling with working out. I had to get rid of my gym membership and I was really loving lifting.

Replies

• amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You don't have to stick with the 40/30/3o idea... For example I have mine set at 40/40/20 and have my calorie goal set a little higher than I would have initially thought because sometimes you need a bit more than you actually think you do.

In terms of being stuck...Try doing things you think you'd be able to do until you can get back tot eh gtm such as taking walks and even going for a short swim once or twice a week.

As far as protein goes...Variety is key! If you're eating a tuna can every day...Something's going to give somewhere. Chicken, steak, other fish, nuts...all are good protein sources
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt is great as well as investing in some whey protein as I currently do 40/30/30 too and I get bored with just eating chicken and other typical protein sources. I don't eat fish but certain kinds of fish are great for protein as well. I also don't eat nuts but I know there are some out there that are healthy and full of protein.
  • emotionalharlequin
    Options
    Flavour the chicken! Cook it differently - boil it, steam it, grill it. Hell, make it into a curry or a salad!

Try salmon, tofu, milk is high in protein. I aim for 500ml of skimmed milk a day - it's less than 200 calories, 25g carbs and 17g protein. I'm on 40/30/30 too and so it really helps with my protein intake. (=
    Also try tofu. If you find the texture weird (which a lot of people do) then learn to love the texture! I loved it from the moment I took the first bite. I had some from my local Chinese restaurant and it tasted so damn gorgeous, my god, the flavour it contained literally BURST in my mouth when I took the first bite! It's also veeeery low in calories! =D
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    What's a macro? Just log your food carefully, that's what I do. Be honest with the log, exercise, stick to it and if you fall of the horse, get right back on. Trust the process and don't get bogged down in the details! You can do this and it will happen if you stick to it!
  • MrsMangler
    MrsMangler Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What's a macro? Just log your food carefully, that's what I do. Be honest with the log, exercise, stick to it and if you fall of the horse, get right back on. Trust the process and don't get bogged down in the details! You can do this and it will happen if you stick to it!

Macros are the marconutrients: carbs, protein, and fat. She needs to keep her macros at 40/30/30 since she is breastfeeding. She needs protein and lots of water for good milk production. (I second the greek yogurt too.) Milk and cheese are also good sources of protein.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Try wild alaskan salmon or fresh tuna steaks, both are brilliant sources of protein and you can bake or boil, and add herbs and things to add more taste.

Greek yoghurt, cottage cheese, quark are all good. I mix quark with some peanut flour and stevia for a sweet, protein rich dessert. You can also mix in things like cocoa, pb2, sugar free jelly and the like.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Try wild alaskan salmon or fresh tuna steaks, both are brilliant sources of protein and you can bake or boil, and add herbs and things to add more taste.

Greek yoghurt, cottage cheese, quark are all good. I mix quark with some peanut flour and stevia for a sweet, protein rich dessert. You can also mix in things like cocoa, pb2, sugar free jelly and the like.

Yes to Stevia!!!
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is my go to for upping my protein with not many calories. Also, herring in paprika sauce is excellent. If you like canned tuna you should like it and it has some good flavor. I have also gotten into putting boiled eggs on everything. If you go for low carb tortillas they usually have a lot of fiber which x's out the equal amount of carbs. That is a go to lunch or dinner ( any kind of burrito or wrap). Of course my protein shakes are awesome. I put vanilla almond milk, blueberries, mangos, spinach, fage greek yogurt and jillian michael's whey protein in it. Soooo yummy and tons of protein. It takes practice and to up the protein. I still try new things that give me more bang for my buck calories/protein wise.
  • Net132
    Net132 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Thanks for the info. I got some cottage cheese today. I will look into quark. I will not give up;):bigsmile: