Options
has anyone tried one of these?

27650993.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• azwaa
    azwaa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Love mine, plus it is durable (went through the wash once so far). It is neat to see how far I walked, how I slept and how active I was. There are some nights I make sure I am walking circles just so I can reach my daily goal. It is true that when you monitor your activity, it tends to go up. Just like writing down what you eat helps keep you on track, recording you daily activity makes you want to be more active.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I have had mine since the end of May, and I have lost a little over 15lbs since then!

I love the sleep tracker, I love that I honestly do not HAVE to log my exercise anymore ( I set MFP to sedentary and take the fitbit adjustment)

I literally leave mine on 24/7 unless I am showering or in the pool. Bout once a week I take it off and put it on the charger while I play on my computer....
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Love mine, plus it is durable (went through the wash once so far). It is neat to see how far I walked, how I slept and how active I was. There are some nights I make sure I am walking circles just so I can reach my daily goal. It is true that when you monitor your activity, it tends to go up. Just like writing down what you eat helps keep you on track, recording you daily activity makes you want to be more active.

Ditto!
  • teepeetim
    teepeetim Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What is it?
    Do I need one ?
    Where do I get one ?

Actually I guess I could just Google it :-P
  • swmann
    swmann Posts: 14
    Options
    It's a must have!
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love mine also and wear it all the time from the time my feet hit the floor in the morning till they come off at night.

I like how I can use the stop watch to track my jogging or walking whatever I may be doing. No disappointment in spending the money on it at all.
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Can anyone explain how it works? I have a polar ft7 monitor but thinking of the fit bit as well. Is it accurate?
  • efarester
    efarester Posts: 158
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I keep going back and forth about which one to buy and I think the fitbit is going to be it!! :)
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love mine! Well worth the money. Better than I hoped for! I have added little things like using the upstairs restroom at work, parking a little further....dancing while doing housework. I didn't think it would be all that motivating but I really do get to get my step and stair badges daily!
  • rhinolady410
    Options
    I love love love mine. I have been known to walk in circles in my house to reach my daily step goal. I love the way it syncs with MFP.

For more information,go to the tools section of MFP there is a link to Fitbit.
  • 1JenMilam
    1JenMilam Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Love mine!! Money well spent!
  • jamtown
    jamtown Posts: 4
    Options
    I just got mine (fitbit) today and am trying to understand the whole thing. Any advice as to the easiest way to understand it? I've been using MFP since May and have lost 28#'s so far. I am walking or doing walking dvd's at home. I know the fitbit won't accurately register those steps, but it did register about 4000 steps (if I'm doing this right) I've checked and both MFP and the fitbit are synched but the totals aren't the same.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Love mine, but I use a hrm for my workouts as I found the fitbit inaccurate for cycling, to say the least.
    I just wear it for my general walking around, and find I get at least 10,000 steps most days, sometimes as many as 18000.
    I have my mfp set to sedentary, and manually log my workouts and their timings, and the fitbit then just synchs and adds any extra walking outside of that.

Also, their customer service is great. I have had 2 fitbits die on me, and both were replaced without issue.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about getting one of these. Now after reading this I just bid on one on Ebay.
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Im with you jamtown...just got mine, and am feeling kind of lost. i would also love to be directed to the best place to learn how to use your fit bit....
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Im with you jamtown...just got mine, and am feeling kind of lost. i would also love to be directed to the best place to learn how to use your fit bit....

Just go to fitbit.com, register and there is an instruction manual on there.
  • jamtown
    jamtown Posts: 4
    Options
    Is the key changing the setting to sedentary?
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love mine too. I actually just walked in circles to get my 5 miles. Sometimes it takes a little while to sync up with MFP, but it does.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have one - love it - keeps me aware during the day of how active I am, and just that information spurs me to do more most days. Also love how it syncs to MFP.

I use it for everything except swimming -
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Love it. Use it 24/7 as well. The sync feature is great. It helps keep me on track (along with all of my other gizmos).