Hi Im new and need friends.....

Options
My name is Lisa and I have been doing MFP since Tuesday as I was recommended by my trainer, but it seems like I am eating alot of calories, and I did get on the scale Friday and was up in wieght...is this normal?

Replies

• DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    with out being able to see what you have been eating I can't really answer that. How much is your calorie intake?
  • optigal
    optigal Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa! You have a friend here. I have been on MFP for a week now and do not take my calorie counts as an exact science. It does however make me more aware of my food choices and how important exercise is to help keep those pesky calories under control. You say your trainer recommended MFP so you must be working out. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat so maybe you should take some measurements and track your progress that way. Good luck to you.
  • SlimImage
    Options
    well 1700 if I don't work out but then it adds like 500 calories like for today when I added my exercise....Im 5'8 weight about 187
  • SlimImage
    Options
    Ya we are takin my measurements and body fat % on Tuesday, I have been working out for 3 weeks this is starting my fourth week! I lost about 55 lbs almost two years ago and I have recently put on 10-12 lbs and Im trying to get it off, but I really dont want to see it go up even though I am working out 4 to 5 days a week at high intensity and lifting 2 days a week....
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    that sounds about right for the calories. I'm only 5'3 and my calories are 1200 if I don't work out. but honestly I never eat them all. I lost 7lbs the first week and 3lbs the 2nd and 3rd week. I've only been doing this for 3 weeks. But we can be friends :)
  • SlimImage
    Options
    That sound great thanks! How much weight do u have to lose?
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • 4theluvofme
    Options
    Fell free to add me! We all need support on here through our journey. :smile:
  • Valleydachs
    Options
    I'd love to be on your support team!
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa,
    I gained back 12 pounds I lost over the winter and am working to take it back off...
    it will help to track things here, though this site is too generous with calories burned for exercise, from what I hear.
    So, just keep it in mind is all.
    Your weight can fluctuate based on many things... I say work towards good habits, practices and a healthy life style...
    don't obsess about the weight....just keep aware of it.
    Add me if you wish .... I support those in my corner!

Brenda
  • candctaber
    candctaber Posts: 274
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to friend me if any of you want. I am on every day. I haven't logged a lot these past couple weeks because my daughter has surgery and we were at Children's Hospital for 5 days. She is starting to feel better I am trying to get back to it!
  • hockeyfan87
    hockeyfan87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    hi you can add me if you want :bigsmile: :happy:
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me!
    (we're about the same height/age/weight range)
    I've been on this site a few weeks and I love it, it's a great tracking tool
  • ilovefood87
    ilovefood87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want to. Can never have too many friends. :smile:
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You can add me...