the needle!!!!

Options
JSlattery79
JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
hi!

just a quick little success story while still on my weight loss journey.. I'm not done losing weight but I definitely hit a goal..

at my gym they have those big doctor office scales that you have to get on and move the needle it there's a big needle that does it by 50 pounds each it goes.. 50, 100, 150, and so on.. and a small needle that goes by ones.. so anyway, I normally get on the scale and automatically put the big needle on 150 and then tap the smaller needle until it's balanced.. so I did that!.. I put it on 150 and the whole thing hit all the way to the right so I pushed the small needle all the way left.. until it was at 0!.. I looked at the scale confused.. LOL.. I was thinking, "is something wrong?".. then I slowly put the big needle on 100 and then tapped the smaller needle until the scale was floating again.. it floated at 45.. so I was no longer 150 but 145!!!!.. it's a small success but I was so happy because I can't remember how many years it's been since that big needle wasn't on 150!!! so that is my little story! :)

Replies

• mayerrocks
    mayerrocks Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! Moving the block is always a huge success! Good for you!!
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thats a fantastic NSV! Great job!
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I knew needles were good for something lol. Congrats on your NSV!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    it is funny how the smallest thing can make a difference :)

Good job
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Getting below that 150 is still on my to do list, but I was absolutely thrilled when it went below 200. Congratulation on your success!
  • sgwhit
    sgwhit Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Great job:flowerforyou: I'm glad to finally be below 275.
  • Mamabrandyk
    Options
    What a great feeling!!!! Congrats on all of your hard work paying off!
  • needtogetwell
    Options
    Well done! Keep up whatever you are doing!
    Cheers:happy:
  • clbowman11
    clbowman11 Posts: 117
    Options
    That's awesome. I know the whole routine of putting it one 150 automatically can't wait til I'm below 150! Good work (:
  • Colleen_in_LV
    Colleen_in_LV Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until I get to move the big block, I'm only 17 lbs away! Way to go!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, way to go, OP! :)

But guys, this is not an NSV. Non-scale victories are things that don't involve lowering the number on the scale ("I put on my jeans from high school," "someone noticed and complimented me," "my friends ordered pizza and I abstained," etc). Scale victories are losing X pounds or being below a certain weight...because you need a scale to find this out. Not that SVs are more or less motivating than NSVs, just that there is a difference, and we have enough people asking what an NSV is each week that I think it's prudent to keep the difference in mind.
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a job well done!!
  • JSlattery79
    JSlattery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, way to go, OP! :)

But guys, this is not an NSV. Non-scale victories are things that don't involve lowering the number on the scale ("I put on my jeans from high school," "someone noticed and complimented me," "my friends ordered pizza and I abstained," etc). Scale victories are losing X pounds or being below a certain weight...because you need a scale to find this out. Not that SVs are more or less motivating than NSVs, just that there is a difference, and we have enough people asking what an NSV is each week that I think it's prudent to keep the difference in mind.

LOL.. I was thinking the same thing!.. this IS a scale victory.. and I didn't even know what NSV meant until yesterday..
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Fabulous day! Congrats!
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    love that!!!
  • Valleydachs
    Options
    That is HUGE! Woot! Woot!
  • kmcintyre57
    kmcintyre57 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Keep it up Jan, good for you! I would have been cheesing from ear to ear!!
  • suzyc2be
    suzyc2be Posts: 11
    Options
    Your awesome Sis! Great job!
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    So cool! What a great way to mark a goal!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yay! Yeah, something about seeing a smaller number in that middle spot just gives you a huge thrill right?! Good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!