Anyone doing C25K?

Options
I'm starting C25K tomorrow, and I'm very excited to start it!

I am, however, wondering how to log it in my exercise journal? Since it involves quite a bit of alternating at first, I'm not entirely sure how to put it in. Am I going to have to add up all the 30-90 second bits or is there an easier way to put it in?

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I just finished.. it's an awesome program!

As far as logging it, my suggestion is to get a Polar HRM and use what it tells you... Thats what I did during mine.
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I started it about 2weeks ago, and I put it in as walking at a brisk pace. I know it's more than that, but I don't have a heart monitor so I figured I was better under estimating.
    Good luck to you!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I've just been logging as "C25K W_D_" with the right calories. I use a fitbit (not as accurate as a real HRM, but it gives a halfway decent estimate), so I log my calories from that.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing c25k. I will be starting week 3 in a couple days. I used my hrm and added exercise so I use that to log it.
  • blb1230
    blb1230 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Me and my hubby started W4D1 this morning. We have the polar heart monitor so we just add running 3.5 mph and add our own calorie burn. It isn't too far off at the beginning but now that we have been doing it longer, I burn way less then what MFP says...:flowerforyou:
  • joelius_wegs
    joelius_wegs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm starting C25K this week as well. I also use a polar heart rate monitor, easiest and most accurate way of measuring calorie burn I believe. I'm looking forward to getting running.
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I use my c25k app on my phone as well as Runkeeper since I usually walk after the c25k is finished and it automatically shuts off. It has my height/weight/gps for speed-distance and gives me a calories burned, I know it's not 100% accurate, but it gives me an idea. I added an exercise on here for me to log "c25k, calories burned via runkeeper."
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I start week 7 tomorrow. I know have a HRM but in the beginning I just added how many minutes of running I did and logged the running and walking separately. If you can afford it, I really recommend a HRM. It took awhile before I could afford one but I'm glad I decided to get it.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I add my minutes of walking and running and then enter them that way. I dont have a hrm.
  • Jessicaarceneaux
    Jessicaarceneaux Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just finished.. it's an awesome program!

As far as logging it, my suggestion is to get a Polar HRM and use what it tells you... Thats what I did during mine.
    ^Is what I did too!
    Finished a week ago! Ran 3.75 miles in 30 mins straight! Love the program!
  • queenbree13
    queenbree13 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start this week :D
    I just hope I can get the motivation between work and school I am exhausted! Wish me luck! (:
  • jynnantonnyk
    jynnantonnyk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just completed Week 1 Day 1.

I use an HRM and the RunDouble android app. Since I am gonna walk a bit before and after I'm done, I just enter in my exercise diary what my HRM says when I'm done.

The RunDouble app for C25K does calculate the cals burnt but this relies on your weight etc being inputted and is an estimate.

HRM is specific to your body so I have learned to go with that.

How did I feel after Day 1? I know I have a long way to go but it felt good to be running outside. I noticed my shins hurting for some reason but it eased off.

Best of luck to everyone starting C25K!
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I started last week. I just use what the Ease into 5K app says. I hope to buy a HRM this week. A friend of mine wants to start so I will be repeating Week 1 again. It's hard. But, after I am done I feel so good!
  • aljeca
    aljeca Posts: 83
    Options
    I JUST finished week 1 day 1. I walked at 4.0mph, jogged at 6.0mph and warmed up/cooled down at around 3.5mph. (which is how I logged it, 12 mins, 8 mins and 10 mins respectively).

In total I did 2.36miles/3.8 km in 34.04 minutes (4 extra minutes due to setting up the app).

I did this on a treadmill at 0% incline, I know 3% mimics the outdoors but hey it's a start right.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend to do this program go right ahead!

I plan to run mon/wed/sat.
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've just started and did W1D1 yesterday. Planning on doing it every 2nd day and with my husband :) I won't be entering my calories for it until I start doing 5-10kms
  • Mickey229
    Options
    I just started last week, i will be on wk2 day 1 today, would enjoy some company!
    I am using the app: Run Double, tells me when to run, when to walk, tracks my calories, distance, etc... working well so far!