The Beginnings of something amazing.

Options
Hello folks,

My names is Richard. I am a 31 year old man from California. I have been heavy most of my life with some exceptions here-and-there. One could describe my weight issues as a steady road of fatness with a few dips into healthy. Being fat isn't why I am here at my fitness pal, its about pursuing a healthier way of life. If I could be 400+ pounds and healthy then why the hell not--but the reality is that my weight is kicking my butt. The quality of my life is significantly reduced, my emotional state is affected, and I am kept from doing things that I would really enjoy.

A quick synopsis: I am roughly 414lbs. I have sleep issues because of my weight, and damn it I can't see my feet when I stand. Plus, I have to take medication to control my blood pressure. I don't like pills. If I can change the relationship I have with my body and improve my overall health while kicking the little pink blood pressure pill then YES, I WILL.

I would tell you that I have some grand goal of 180lbs with rippling sinewy muscle, but that simply isn't true. I like practical. I am here to just become more accountable for what I eat, and how I treat my body. The goal is to some degree weight loss, but its more about what is in my best interests on a daily basis. There are no foods written off, no rules, and certainly no more sitting and chastising myself for missing some arbitrary mark. I am here to watch myself slim down, become more healthy, and track my results. I am not here to use this tool as a way of policing myself.

I am too much rebel for rules... Thank you all for reading, and I would love to be a positive force for someone. I would also enjoy any love and support others might want to offer me.

Sincerely and with wishes for peace, love, and harmony for you all.

Richard

Replies

• treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm always happy to hear people who go on this journey for health reasons - thats when it really works!! Feel free to add me and if you ever need help or motivation, just send me a message :)

Good luck!!
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Welcome, this is a great site with a lot of nice and supportive people.....feel free to add me
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You can do it :) I know you you can!!!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    You've got a great attitude, I wish you the best of luck.

Who knows, you just might eventually redefine your goals and end up that rippling 180.
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You are going to rock your weight loss here! MFP is a wonderful supportive community and a fantastic health tool!

Please feel free to add me. I too am very rebellious and I don't beat myself up (police) when I eat something that I don't really need. I'm going to eat that cookie! LOL!

Sara