Any good Wii workouts ?

Options
Hi guys,

I'm working out at home and doing the 30 day shred but I’d like to alternate with other types of cardio exercises. I have a Wii and know that, a part from the wiifit exercises, there are other types of workouts that came out over time.
Do any of you know or do these workouts? What is your opinion on it and do you get a good burn out of it?
Thank you so much for your help :) I really need to alternate my workout so it doesn't get repetitive.

Replies

• llsand
    llsand Posts: 87
    Options
    Anyone have advise on this ????
  • LouisaRoots
    LouisaRoots Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i used to enjoy the ea sports active, you have a heart rate monitor on your arm and strap on your thigh
    it covers everything running squats jumping, toning, have a look for it on you tube to get a gist of it, the second one was much better than the first
  • Alsm77
    Alsm77 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have the zumba games they are very good
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Wii Active, Zumba and then if I want a bit of fun and I don't want to feel like it's a drag I play Grand Slam tennis or some other tennis game.

I wear a FitBit on me when I am leaping about like a demented spider... all helps!
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    At the moment I am using My Fitness Coach every day.

To begin with you input your weight and measurements, plus do some exercises to test your flexibility, strength, fitness etc. "Maya" then decides what areas she thinks you should concentrate on. About once a week she asks you to update these details.

Every time you go on you choose what you want to focus on (Cardio, Core Strength, Flexibility etc) and how long you want to workout for. You then get a workout based on your needs. Every now and then it asks how you found each segment (too easy or too hard or just right) and it adapts the next workout going by what you've said. There is also an option to add equipment (eg weights, step etc).

You do have to make sure you are doing the moves properly as you don't hole the remote for it to monitor you, but that is just the same as doing a DVD.

I like it at the moment and do it every day, but I'm sure I will get bored of it eventually! There are a couple of others in the series, one is dance and one is just cardio, so I may take a look at them too.
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Zumba fitness 2, its been out a while now so should be fairly cheap, I love it :)
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say thank you for your post. I'd forgotten we had a Wii. LOL. Or, rather, I'd forgotten I had Wii Fit. I just think of the Wii as entertainment for my kids.

Last night I dragged the board out and did 30 minutes of cardio and had a BLAST. This morning I did it again.

So thanks for the motivation and the reminder.

I'm also going to look into My Fitness Coach that someone had mentioned.
  • llsand
    llsand Posts: 87
    Options
    Ah !

Thank you guys for all the info! I will be looking out for My Fitness Coach. I have a FitBit too so i need to not forget about it when i do the Zumba Fitness 2. I'll try to get into the wii sports again (like the hula-hoop and boxing) while alternating with the 30day shred every other day

I'm doing this not only to make it more fun but also because i injured my knee a month ago on the 30d shred ( jumping jacks ). It's all back to normal after a 3 week hiatus but that got me thinking that repetitive movements are probably not a good thing. So varying it a little will probably help avoid injuries also :)

Thank you all, you are a great help!
  • Loreedee
    Loreedee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is wii golds gym cardio.:smile: If you enjoy boxing you will enjoy it. I have been doing it for over a year and still enjoy it :) I don 't use the balance board.
    You can find it online at bestbuy
    loree
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I think wii golds gym cardio is the same game as my fitness coach cardio, it is just sold under different names in the US and UK.
  • Loreedee
    Loreedee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Didn't know that! Thanks
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser for Wii with Bob Harper, Walk It Out, Zumba I & II, Just Dance Summer edition. Just have fun and keep switching it up !