My body is so sore...

Options
I worked out regularly last week. Saturday, I did about an hour on the kinect with the workout program. I did a bit of everything from cardio boxing to yoga and weight training. I think the yoga kicked my butt. I am still so sore in my legs. I didn't exercise at all yesterday (Sunday) cause I could hardly move around much because my muscles in my legs hurt so bad. What do you do when you are THIS sore? Should I just do some upper body or what?

Replies

• evademers
    Options
    If your that sore give your legs a rest and yes you can do some upper body workouts. Do some slow Yoga stretching always remember to stretch before and after a workout. Try Hatha Yoga youll love it!! My legs are sore from running the last couple of days, but I am going to stretch them out and do my workout. But since your so new do some good leg stretches and then give them a rest. Let me know how Hatha Yoga does for you, you can find it on you tube :)
  • Elandri
    Elandri Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The other day I dealt with extremely sore upper leg/thigh muscles hurting. I soaked in a hot bath for about 20 mins and took the day off to rest. My legs were semi sore the next day but I went back into my exercise video (30 day shred) In which I rested a bit afterwards and then took another hot bath, My legs feel much better now.

Don't be afraid to take a day to rest now and then, you don't want to injure yourself. Just remember to go back at it the next day!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Warm up your muscles:

Take a hot bath or shower.
    Dress warmly.
    Get a massage.
  • evademers
    Options
    Ps...Sore muscles means your doing it right, its because your using them and making them stronger. The more you workout the better it will get :) Dont forget lots of protein will help them too!
  • bluebug53
    bluebug53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just worked through the soreness, don't give up, it is just your body changing. After a couple of weeks you won't feel sore anymore, unless of course you change something and use muscles you haven't used in awhile! Hang in there it will pass, just don't quit. I have found that if you take a week off of working out, you will be just as sore as if you were first starting. So I just try and work out at least 6 times a week, and try not to take a whole lot of time off.
  • kolakross
    Options
    I find that doing some light exercise helps when sore. For me a walk is more effective than just soaking in the bath. Also stretching.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    Always stretch gently and try and have a warmish shower if you are at home to help the process.
    When I have muscle soreness I up my protein to help muscle recovery.