Jillian's detox & cleanse...

Options
Does anybody know if Jillians 7 day Detox & Cleanse is worth the money and if so, what exactly will it do??

Thank you!!

Replies

• Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    OMG I WAS JUST GOING TO POST THIS!! I bought it today and will start tomorrow AM! But would love to hear about anyone who has tried it!

Tami
  • meganwojo
    meganwojo Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    haha I think im going to give it a shot. I hope its worth it!! Its only $19.99 so might as well!
  • mrsprazak05
    Options
    I just bought the Jump Start Cleanse and Fat Burn...can't wait to get it and try it!
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    haha I think im going to give it a shot. I hope its worth it!! Its only $19.99 so might as well!

I am starting mine in the am, I will let you know how first day goes!
    I really think my body will enjoy this, I have been very bloated and blah, for the past month. I wouldnt mind losing a few pounds too! lol
  • meganwojo
    Options
    you already lost 150 thats absolutely AMAZING!!!! kudos to you!!! Keep it up!! Def let me know how it works!!
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    Thank you ! I still need to lose 30, and I dont want that to take a whole year. I hope it doesnt...
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Now I want to know how you guys like it!! Maybe somebody will post whose tried!! I could use a good detox and cleanse! =)
  • meganwojo
    Options
    ive never done anything like it but I am going to for sure!
  • meganwojo
    Options
    ive never done anything like it but I am going to for sure!
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to hear about this, where do you purchase it?
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    Nic, I got it at Walgreens for $20! Will let you know how it goes!
  • Sherryishealthyandstrong
    Options
    I'm doing a Renew Life organic Cleanse. 14 days long. i've been on it for 5 days so far. I've lost 5 lbs, so that's good news!! I'm going check out the ingredients in both to see how they differ.
  • theraymiles
    Options
    With all due respect to all those who want to "cleanse their bodies," but it is a load a of crap.

Sure you will lose weight, maybe some of the sludge in your intestines, but you're not losing fat.

What did people do before these cleanse diets that one could purchase at Walgreens? ... They ate natural and ate right.

We have some pretty good things in our bodies, the kidneys and the livers in all our bodies do a great job of cleaning for us. We don't need to spend $XX.XX to cleanse.

Also, remember when you do these cleanse diets, it can sometimes make you lose a lot of the bacteria that is in your intestines. That bacteria is good and NEEDS to be there! If you lose too much, you can begin to get sick and not digest food properly. You have more bacteria in your intestines than you do cells in your whole body!

Drink water, eat right, keep your calories appropriate, and work hard!

Good luck to everyone!

Ray
  • kenya84
    kenya84 Posts: 41
    Options
    i just wanted to know what you all thought of the product so far? I am thinking about purchasing it.
  • Nicmc8
    Options
    Me too... what exactly is the product? how does it work? would you recommend it?
  • faile486
    faile486 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    To add on to what theraymiles said - there is actually no 'sludge' to lose in your intestines or colon. It's just a gimmick to bilk people out of money. You should ALWAYS research products like this online, thoroughly, before using them. That doesn't mean visiting the product website, or going off of what other people have said or experienced online - it means looking for legitimate medical or scientific information on the product, from an independent peer reviewed source.

If you can't find info on it in that way than the product isn't doing anything good for you. You might lose a bit of water weight. You might feel good about it, or yourself, but it's not really providing any positive effect. You might actually be harming yourself, especially if you use it frequently.

The ONLY info on colon cleansing, detox diets, or liquid diets that you will find in medical journals of that type are on the harm and negative effects they can have. They are not legitimate weight loss strategies. If a nutritionist is recommending them...find a different one.

If any of this 'miracle' crap actually worked, none of us would be here in the first place, right?
  • Nicmc8
    Options

If any of this 'miracle' crap actually worked, none of us would be here in the first place, right?

i don't think any of us are looking for a miracle, we know how we gained weight, we know now that the only way to lose it and keep it off is to eat right and start moving. I find it hard to believe that Jillian Michaels would put her name on something that was dangerous or a gimmick.
  • faile486
    faile486 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't think the particular product mentioned in this thread is harmful.

It's backed by a celebrity and it's a diet product - that's ALL it needs to sell. That doesn't mean it has any real benefits though.

If it makes people feel good, and that's all they're looking for, then spend the $20. If you want something that will actually have positive lasting results, then just do some research on actual medical sites first
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

i don't think any of us are looking for a miracle, we know how we gained weight, we know now that the only way to lose it and keep it off is to eat right and start moving. I find it hard to believe that Jillian Michaels would put her name on something that was dangerous or a gimmick.
    I don't think it's exactly dangerous and you are right she wouldn't be stupid enough to put her name on something that was, but that doesn't mean it's worth buying and trying. She does also think it's ok to beat up people in the gym for 8 hours a day. That isn't super healthy to me either.
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow....sounds like this thread got a little heated! Thought I would add my two cents since I did actually use this product. I bought it for nutritional health reasons to cleanse....not to lose weight and it did just that for me. I could tell that my system was indeed getting rid of excess waste that had built up in my system. That is not false information that your body builds up toxins and needs to get rid of it. This product does just that and I did feel much better after using this and helped me jump start my eating healthier lifestyle.